Regards today's rollback and Donor boxes

Greetings everyone,

today our new WoE Coins system gave by mistake donor boxes instead of WoE Coins, and same happened for donor boxes being replaced by WoE coins, we're deeply sorry for this accident that led to other events, now this issue is fixed and would not longer present, the following is a report of what happened:

• At 17:11 i was informed of the issue by GMs
  • At 17:25 i get my computer up and initiated a server shutdown to ease the process on us for tracking items
  • At 17:30 servers was down until we're done
  • At 17:38 the GMs received a list of all players who got donor boxes and started tracking the items down
  • At 17:58 we started to realize the process would simply take longer than expected and we can't keep servers down or figure out all accounts to be banned until we finish as the players was really fast on trying to abuse and hide the boxes
  • At 17:59 we decided to roll-back the server 30 minutes before WoE to be at 16:31 server time
  • At 18:19 the roll-back process was finished
  • At 18:28 we restored the WoE changes to the server, castles and whatsoever, in other words everything happened in WoE is restored to the server.
  • At 18:30 the server was up again for players to log in

What's going to happen to players who tried to abuse the donor boxes?

We're currently collecting up all the names of people who tried to abuse the donor boxes from our logs, as soon as we finish they will be all punished, the punishment duration will depends on how severe it's their trial to hide and abuse the donor box, more information on this will be announced soon.

I have made precious/rare items during the time the server was roll-backed in, what to do?

If you've lost a precious/rare items that obtained through monsters, npcs, forging etc you may contact our GM team, we still hold logs for what happened during the roll-backed period and we can restore those items.

kindly be noted however that it's up to GM judgement to decide if it's precious/rare item or not as log checks take a lot of resource and time for us and we would only do it to important items.

Also keep in mind that any item gained through trades with other players would not be granted back, as all characters was reverted back and therefore you might want to re-initiate the trade.

Good luck and have fun in RevivalRO,

RevivalRO Management

wow, what rare things are being abused from donor box? OKC? PKC? PWC? HWC? there's nothing rare. just bring back the old donor box stuff, even BCA no Baal coming. before there's baal but then. there's no baal. no demands on cedi loots too. its better farming mvp room like forever than farming MVP ROOM cards from BCA. just bring back laa the old BCA/Donor box. I'm pretty sure. RMT will get good demands with rare mvp cards. got no chance also for other to farm. cause it's been camp like forever as f*** in the map. just bring back the rare mvp cards rewards from donor box & bca. atleast got demands also to player who cant donate in this server. even its 0.0000000000000000000000000001% chances to get it'll be fine. like you said I spend more than 200c for amber I didn't get those rare stuff backthen. what u call that kitty boy? Lucky charm? I don't thing so its lucky charm. its riping off actually. </3

- Letty

Ok, first of all, I am aware that "abusing" this situation by using the donor boxes is bad. People should had been smart enough to see that something gone TOTALLY wrong. None the less, if we learned something, then that everyone is a idiot.

I'm also ok with the action of a total roll back, to avoid bigger issues.

Now to the thing that actually piss me off and I am not even effected by the whole situation. (lol)

" as we always expect from our players to abuse everything at every possible chance "; ok first off, where the fuck is the apology for the whole situation going down? Don't act like it is the player base fault. YOU guys coded it, the game gave these people these boxes. Yes, it was dumb from the most people to take advantage of it, but still. The players didn't ask for that, nor did anyone done something illegal.

Second of all, why the fuck do you guys consider still a punishment??? The server rolled back, all items or whatever obtained from the boxes are GONE. Hiding is shady, yes. But you guys plan on basically punish people for a crime that isn't even existing anymore.

Welps. To maybe end it on a bit more positive note.

Coding and scripting is hard, especially if only one person is doing it. And the server badly needs progress. But stop rush implementing features that in the end cause more damage then good. Well, idk.

kthxbai.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gcq said:

Ok, first of all, I am aware that "abusing" this situation by using the donor boxes is bad. People should had been smart enough to see that something gone TOTALLY wrong. None the less, if we learned something, then that everyone is a idiot.

I'm also ok with the action of a total roll back, to avoid bigger issues.

Now to the thing that actually piss me off and I am not even effected by the whole situation. (lol)

" as we always expect from our players to abuse everything at every possible chance "; ok first off, where the fuck is the apology for the whole situation going down? Don't act like it is the player base fault. YOU guys coded it, the game gave these people these boxes. Yes, it was dumb from the most people to take advantage of it, but still. The players didn't ask for that, nor did anyone done something illegal.

Second of all, why the fuck do you guys consider still a punishment??? The server rolled back, all items or whatever obtained from the boxes are GONE. Hiding is shady, yes. But you guys plan on basically punish people for a crime that isn't even existing anymore.

Welps. To maybe end it on a bit more positive note.

Coding and scripting is hard, especially if only one person is doing it. And the server badly needs progress. But stop rush implementing features that in the end cause more damage then good. Well, idk.

kthxbai.

I edited the public statement in which i admit was a unprofessional and lack of apology is fixed, now regards the punishment, we've been lean on players for so long, they do their best trying to abuse the system and we hold logs and evidence on it, players believe that there's no moral responsibility on them towards other players or the system, therefore this punishment is purely based on fact that players shall never abuse the system on purpose and learn to report instead of troll.

the punishment we gave to the players (2 days of ban), is a simple warning in hope for the community later to understand the moral responsibility that on them.

We're aware that for few times we released stuff that was not well tested and had a lot of issues, and we're sorry for this, we're currently doing heavy testing on each release, unfortunately the WoE Coins system did not go through it cause we wanted it to be released before Wednesday's WoE.

\m/ Mel. \m/

' you guys code it, roll back and punish who abuse, item are gone cause of rollback '

unbanned my acc too please. my Disciple :/

can I have my woe coins from last woe please. its been 2/3months I didn't get full woe set.

Guest Nebula
16 hours ago, gcq said:

I understand your position, though I really believe punishment was necessary.

The bug did exist and yes it is our fault and we're sorry about it. Even so, a bug needs to be reported, especially if it's something this big like around 20 people receiving from 100 to 150 donor boxes.
The abuse did happen too. The banned players sold the donor boxes or turned the headgears into costumes for profit. A rollback fixes the issue, not their behavior.
They didn't let us know so if, for whatever reason, another GM and I weren't online at that moment, or if the two kind players who reported this didn't report it, it would've been gone unnoticed.

I hope you understand.

Dear Ema,

and all. 

Pointing fingers isn't gonna help. 

Whoever coded it is to be blamed. He accepts his mistake, be the better person and forgive and forget and move on. 

Whoever tried to abuse it ofcourse knew the situation was in error, so obviously this was done either for profit or just for fun. Doesnt matter. As true as it is that it was the coders fault, being tempted to spam boxes isn't a wrong thing, but having malicious intent while trading or costuming that stuff and all is morally and ethically wrong. Whoevers fault it may be, it is upto each and every person to realize how strong is their moral Fibre, also it is upto to rule makers how to treat the rule breakers, punish them or just undo the damage and make sure the thing doesn't repeat. Whereas a light rap on the knuckles like a one or two day ban is completely at the discretion of the rule makers, it's a gray area on if it should be needed or not. 

Let's not mix issues here with other balances and stuff and to be in point, try to implement things on Thor like you did it earlier before releasing it onto the most popular server like loki. I'm sure people would love to test out stuff as they have in the past and will help the server grow in a positive way and without hiccups and such stuff which make your life harder than it already is for you. 

Im sure you have got these suggestions from other too, but I dont wanna assume and share. 

You guys are doing an outstanding job otherwise, just don't rush things. Be cool. 

Have fun. GG.