Upcoming revamp part 1: WoE

Guest Nebula

Guest Nebula

Hello starlights~

We are currently planning/working on having a general revamp of Revival's features, and the first thing on our list is WoE.
We would really appreciate if you could give us your opinion and discuss here what do you think should be improved, added or removed. Feel free to comment here or you can also contact us on Discord if you'd like.

Here's what we're currently planning on:

• WoE related bugs
    Some effects are not being disabled by /effect (Warps...)
    Battle Reports get reset for a guild when a member enters/leaves said guild

• WoE Shop price adjustment
  • Rework Guardians' skills
  • Increase guild members limit to 21
  • Bring back castle rotation

• Update to castle loots

Here are some points we haven't decided about. We discussed about it and would like players' opinions on:

• Changing 3 AM WoE to be 2 hours earlier
  • Changing WoE duration to 1 hour instead of 2
  • More rewards to Guild Leaders after woe (Extra WoE Coins, Blacksmith Blessing? Something else?) to motivate people to lead

Thank you in advance for your inputs, they're very appreciated.

• Increase guild members limit to 21 > 16 members quietly good (why not enable guild alliance then). > to motivate people to lead then.??

well increasing guild capacity will lead to more alts on guild > more alts = more woe coin, more woe coin = many speed pots (woe supplies).

Edited by Poop

Guest Nebula
17 minutes ago, Poop said:
  • Increase guild members limit to 21 > 16 members quietly good (why not enable guild alliance then). > to motivate people to lead then.??

well increasing guild capacity will lead to more alts on guild > more alts = more woe coin, more woe coin = many speed pots (woe supplies).

Wouldn't there be the same issue if we allowed alliences again though? Full guild of alts and whatnot.

Alliances would be fun but I don't think they are possible as of right now.

well there's many new ppl's and returning friends both side of the guilds. an ally is the way to help them make new active woe guild.
More Active WOE Guild > That's FUN.

And what's the point for having an alt guild then? if there's a roaming small guild to wash it out.

I understand people are coming from new to returning players. Hence why we try to giving more slots in the guild and more reward to guild leaders. Because right now, nothing really special to be a guild leader hence why no new guilds and give more chances to players to jump in.

WoE will always be competitive field and having alliances will just give chances of putting alts of bigger guilds to hostages and whatnot. We do have system to give rewards / WoE coins by doing things which needs guilds to be active.

Unless we can get solid reasons provided to bring back alliances with our current active players, the changes won't be made regarding it.

5 hours ago, Lucid said:

I understand people are coming from new to returning players. Hence why we try to giving more slots in the guild and more reward to guild leaders. Because right now, nothing really special to be a guild leader hence why no new guilds and give more chances to players to jump in.

WoE will always be competitive field and having alliances will just give chances of putting alts of bigger guilds to hostages and whatnot. We do have system to give rewards / WoE coins by doing things which needs guilds to be active.

Unless we can get solid reasons provided to bring back alliances with our current active players, the changes won't be made regarding it.

IMHO,

1. There are enough active players to increase guild capacity. 

2. Not enough active players, not yet, to restarting alliances and antagonists. 

3. Since no eco possible, or broken, or sought after, really nothing special to be a GL, other than bragging rights. So more rewards will definitely be a encouragement, but ONLY if it's timed, goal based, account bound and stuff like that. Or we would be seeing alt guilds dime a dozen, MIGHT see more preference towards personal rewards, Lone wolf and lone assassin, quite literally, strategies and we don't know right now how that would pan out. It would become a non-back-slideable-doom rather than woe. 

5 hours ago, Poop said:

Well both sides of the same Coin tbh. In pretty sure no active woeing guild will allow alts on their guild, except if it's the gls alt and IF there is space. I'm sure no good GL would compromise space and trade out a player for an alt, unless u have space and noone would join you. In any case, even if u don't increase the players per guild, alts can always make a new guild and earn points. So I don't see the point tbh ^.

I don't think supplies like woe coins, alts and increasing player count in guilds will have a saddening impact on woe or the ingame market. But I might be wrong, so feel free to correct me.

In other points. 

1) since most people on server are Asians, Changing woe time for earlier might actually be a good idea. 

2) increase guardians hp, but reduce guardians damage. Guardians too OP QQ

3) is it possible the below. 

Current woe - 2 hours, same castles for entire two hours gets repetitive and boring. 

new woe - 2 sessions of one hour each with a 10 - 15 min break for relieve, peeing, yoga and rumba. xD. Have two / four different castles for each one hour session of woe.

Example : payon four castles,

woe first hour session : castle a and b,

woe second hour session : castle c and d.

Maybe repeat the castles for woe2 or whatever can be discussed and taken opinion about. 

We have so many castles that are unexplored which were amazing, horn, bandis, gefn, etc. 

It would really open up the exploratory side of woe in revival if more maps and castles are opened up. And naturally, and hopefully, many people would be interested and excited about woe again. 

To be continued in next post, 

Edited by Pressie
Typos

On 8/7/2019 at 12:24 PM, Nebula said:

Hello starlights~

We are currently planning/working on having a general revamp of Revival's features, and the first thing on our list is WoE.
We would really appreciate if you could give us your opinion and discuss here what do you think should be improved, added or removed. Feel free to comment here or you can also contact us on Discord if you'd like.

Here's what we're currently planning on:

Here are some points we haven't decided about. We discussed about it and would like players' opinions on:

Thank you in advance for your inputs, they're very appreciated.

Oh boi, it's been some time.

And since I am a lazy Fak, I ma sort of ignore the people reply before me. Also why the fuk does the "Quote" option only show half of Nebulas post zzzz ...

Changing 3 AM WoE to be 2 hours earlier

Yes, very good idea. Since as right now the main WOE guilds are mostly Asian, that makes a lot of sense. For European it be around 6/7pm, so also there no biggy.

Changing WoE duration to 1 hour instead of 2

Well, I personally had no problem with that. But I know some peeps take a very ... verrrry long time to get their set up even going, so that might be too less for them? Tho on the other side, that would then be the "kick in the butt" so they actually are WOE ready, when WOE starts and not half a hour later. lol

More rewards to Guild Leaders after woe (Extra WoE Coins, Blacksmith Blessing? Something else?) to motivate people to lead

Per se not a bad idea. The only issue would be, that you can @changegm anytime, and by that maybe abuse it in some way. But whatever be the case, the reward should be something thats account bound, to prevent abusive farming and selling of the reward.

WoE Shop price adjustment

Rework Guardians' skills

Bring back castle rotation

A note on the Guardians, since they are broken as fak *cough Grimreaper cough*, either remove that crap completely (the skill I mean) or bring back the old Guardian summon cost. People only spam the guards like candy coz they are cheap as hell.

Increase guild members limit to 21

I only briefly looked over the other posts regarding that and Alliances.

By now I would say we don't need Allies. Need to say tho, I only witness WOE2, and that shit is dead as hell. I can't talk about the numbers in WOE1. (I heard tho they are decent)

Yes, Alliances would help out for newer Guilds, but that's not the issue we have here. The issue is the skill level and the Gear unbalance. It won't matter much if you go clash with your newly founded guild, if there is your Endgame Meta Enemy with SS and HWC who basically can one/two shot everyone. (and yes, WOE is a Endgame thing and you should be geared for that if you want to join it, still won't change the fact that we have almost broken Donation gears in this server that do make a difference)

We need to adjust legit WOE, to make it a better entry field for newer guilds. I would suggest for legit WOE, to make it really legit, removing custom enchants (Melanis), overrefined Gears (tho that might not that much a issue anymore since Blessings made refine easy af), maybe only allowing MVP room cards.

tl;dr, Issue isn't the Guild size or Alliances, it's the gear differences (dun ask me how to solve that lol)

Another side note; the issue of afk in castles for rewards. Maybe set a timer on that? I dunno, maybe after like a minute or two of not walking you get Coma, HP/SP 1, as sort of warning. And when you don't move after that you get nuked.

Further side note on afking. Easy solution on that would also be: reduce the castles. Right now. There literally TWO guilds woeing activly (might be three dunno WOE1). There is no reason at all to keep FOUR castles open for max of 32 people. For at is right now, two castles might be totally fine. Everyone would be benefit from it, no afkers, no 10min searches in which Emp the other side hides now and more clash in general since there would be only few option.

And before someone cries "but but what if there more woe"; imagine, it's called competition. ... Also we can increase it anytime anyways, so what gives. :v

And before I end up in a rant nobody wanted, I gonna stop here. Have fun pros, I go back in my dead corner.

Kthxbai.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, gcq said:

Oh boi, it's been some time.

And since I am a lazy Fak, I ma sort of ignore the people reply before me. Also why the fuk does the "Quote" option only show half of Nebulas post zzzz ...

Yes, very good idea. Since as right now the main WOE guilds are mostly Asian, that makes a lot of sense. For European it be around 6/7pm, so also there no biggy.

Well, I personally had no problem with that. But I know some peeps take a very ... verrrry long time to get their set up even going, so that might be too less for them? Tho on the other side, that would then be the "kick in the butt" so they actually are WOE ready, when WOE starts and not half a hour later. lol

Per se not a bad idea. The only issue would be, that you can @changegm anytime, and by that maybe abuse it in some way. But whatever be the case, the reward should be something thats account bound, to prevent abusive farming and selling of the reward.

A note on the Guardians, since they are broken as fak *cough Grimreaper cough*, either remove that crap completely (the skill I mean) or bring back the old Guardian summon cost. People only spam the guards like candy coz they are cheap as hell.

I only briefly looked over the other posts regarding that and Alliances.

By now I would say we don't need Allies. Need to say tho, I only witness WOE2, and that shit is dead as hell. I can't talk about the numbers in WOE1. (I heard tho they are decent)

Yes, Alliances would help out for newer Guilds, but that's not the issue we have here. The issue is the skill level and the Gear unbalance. It won't matter much if you go clash with your newly founded guild, if there is your Endgame Meta Enemy with SS and HWC who basically can one/two shot everyone. (and yes, WOE is a Endgame thing and you should be geared for that if you want to join it, still won't change the fact that we have almost broken Donation gears in this server that do make a difference)

We need to adjust legit WOE, to make it a better entry field for newer guilds. I would suggest for legit WOE, to make it really legit, removing custom enchants (Melanis), overrefined Gears (tho that might not that much a issue anymore since Blessings made refine easy af), maybe only allowing MVP room cards.

tl;dr, Issue isn't the Guild size or Alliances, it's the gear differences (dun ask me how to solve that lol)

Another side note; the issue of afk in castles for rewards. Maybe set a timer on that? I dunno, maybe after like a minute or two of not walking you get Coma, HP/SP 1, as sort of warning. And when you don't move after that you get nuked.

Further side note on afking. Easy solution on that would also be: reduce the castles. Right now. There literally TWO guilds woeing activly (might be three dunno WOE1). There is no reason at all to keep FOUR castles open for max of 32 people. For at is right now, two castles might be totally fine. Everyone would be benefit from it, no afkers, no 10min searches in which Emp the other side hides now and more clash in general since there would be only few option.

And before someone cries "but but what if there more woe"; imagine, it's called competition. ... Also we can increase it anytime anyways, so what gives. :v

And before I end up in a rant nobody wanted, I gonna stop here. Have fun pros, I go back in my dead corner.

Kthxbai.

@gcq it's nice to see that most of us are one the same page here and u agree with opinions of those who posted before you. What is ur honest opinion about splitting woe of two hours into two halves of one hour each? with every hour having a different castle ofc.

About reducing the number of castles rn, imo its not a good idea. Having more castles might likely help some smaller guilds to try to get those and hold those. If they don't get a stepping stone, and if two powerful guilds hold two castles, won't it be discouraging for them to even try? 

Edited by Pressie

First off, I like how you said explore Gefn, Bananadis and Horn ... they literally the same map. haha 

Now on topic. I dunno. I personally am ok with one hour. Problems really that ro itself is a old aas game. We not in 2009 anymore were you had a bunch of people playing. Further may be some people had no time for it if there is a break between (remember for exp, woe2 've middle of night in asia).

For castle reduce. As I said, it's competition. And as of right now, woe is far away from being newbie friendly as well.

EDIT on that.  I don't mean it mean or hateful towards newbie guilds. But woes meant to be a fight and not a 2h "omg I hope we won't get raped" avoiding of the fight. And as it is right now, we really don't need 4 active castles that won't encourage the game but rather afk. 

Edited by gcq

@gcq ofc horn bandis and gefn are on the same map. Maybe u didn't follow the idea that open castles x and y for one hour and a and b of the SAME realm for another hour. Maybe I wasn't detailed enough, now I hope I'm clear. 

Instead of a two hour praying whatever, the wait ends in one hour. And then u have another hour to to pray or fight or whatever people do. 

And this can be ofc for both woe1 and woe2. 

I don't think a fifteen minute break to relax after u either win or time to regroup if u lost the earlier one hour woe is a big deal, as long as ur having fun. 

If we won't take steps to make woe newbie friendly, what will make it newbie friendly then? Sometimes we need to take a leap of faith, try things out of the box, test things with an open mind and not clutch to things because we're afraid it might not work. Let's brain storm how to make woe accessible and entertaining to all, and not just the endgame and top tier guilds that's happenning rn. If we won't let newbies get a taste of what's happenning in woe with decent and lucrative rewards , how do we expect to increase numbers in woe? 

Edited by Pressie

2 hours ago, Pressie said:

@gcq ofc horn bandis and gefn are on the same map. Maybe u didn't follow the idea that open castles x and y for one hour and a and b of the SAME realm for another hour. Maybe I wasn't detailed enough, now I hope I'm clear.

You didn't get my joke. haha, I know they the same realm. The castles itself ARE the exact same. (map wise) (not that it's a issue, I just found it funny in context of exploring)

If we won't take steps to make woe newbie friendly, what will make it newbie friendly then? Sometimes we need to take a leap of faith, try things out of the box, test things with an open mind and not clutch to things because we're afraid it might not work. Let's brain storm how to make woe accessible and entertaining to all, and not just the endgame and top tier guilds that's happenning rn. If we won't let newbies get a taste of what's happenning in woe with decent and lucrative rewards , how do we expect to increase numbers in woe? 

Well the things more, WOE itself isn't "newbie friendly content". It's basically like saying you play idk, LOL or Dota for 5min and then give people a 50 kill streak to "start up" so they just feel better.

WOE is endgame, which means you need work for it and get to know the game. If you are the best, you be the best. You won't learn the game if you stay in a empty castle and avoid fights. Sure, a free castle will give you the chance to maybe keep it, but what then? They still dunno how to push or anything. Besides castles itself need a update too, I get to that point later again. What might could help be a sort of draft WOE concept, sort of like BG to practice.

It's true that newer players might not get the best taste of WOE, but that's not the fault of the WOE itself, it's the insane power creep and old players we have. (Just look at the cash shop, but that's a topic for a whole other day)

--------

Anyways, another addition I wanted to make is updating castle loots. As right now, you not "really" need to get a castle. It's free Speeds, EDP, Def Pots and Abrasive, but that's stuff you also get on other places, the only real reason you need a castle is to access Guild Dungeons and HOA cheaper.

So how about add some exclusive loots? I thought about, for Arunafelz Rachel, the Crit food (that Sandwich, it has it in it's name), for Yuno the Schwarzwald PD food and for the normal castles the Rune Cake. Could add other items, these were just that came into my mind.

Guest Nebula
On 8/8/2019 at 5:45 PM, Pressie said:

IMHO,

1. There are enough active players to increase guild capacity. 

2. Not enough active players, not yet, to restarting alliances and antagonists.

Exactly my point.

3) is it possible the below. 

Current woe - 2 hours, same castles for entire two hours gets repetitive and boring. 

new woe - 2 sessions of one hour each with a 10 - 15 min break for relieve, peeing, yoga and rumba. xD. Have two / four different castles for each one hour session of woe.

Example : payon four castles,

woe first hour session : castle a and b,

woe second hour session : castle c and d.

Maybe repeat the castles for woe2 or whatever can be discussed and taken opinion about. 

We have so many castles that are unexplored which were amazing, horn, bandis, gefn, etc. 

It would really open up the exploratory side of woe in revival if more maps and castles are opened up. And naturally, and hopefully, many people would be interested and excited about woe again. 

To be continued in next post, 

This is a fun and creative idea actually. My fear is that switching castles midway might become a bit confusing?, but I hope other players share their thoughts on this as well.
We definitely want to include more castles anyway, it would make it feel less boring and repetitive as you say.

new woe - 2 sessions of one hour each with a 10 - 15 min break for relieve, peeing, yoga and rumba. xD.

🤭

3. Since no eco possible, or broken, or sought after, really nothing special to be a GL, other than bragging rights. So more rewards will definitely be a encouragement, but ONLY if it's timed, goal based, account bound and stuff like that. Or we would be seeing alt guilds dime a dozen, MIGHT see more preference towards personal rewards, Lone wolf and lone assassin, quite literally, strategies and we don't know right now how that would pan out. It would become a non-back-slideable-doom rather than woe.

On 8/8/2019 at 9:05 PM, gcq said:

I agree with these: of course we'd give something that is worth it but bound to the GL. And I'm thinking it should have requirements kinda like how, right now, you need to meet a certian criteria to be eligible to get WoE Coins, and the count could be reset if the Guild Leader changes during WoE, so that way it should prevent abuses.
Any suggestions on items that could be worth receiving as a GL?

Yes, it would probably push people to be more prepared for it in general. And I can imagine all WoE action packed in one hour could be pretty much more intense too.

Yes it is endgame content, but it's true that it's harder to access overall especially if you have little to no experience in WoE in general.
A "tighter" legit WoE being a gate to access it is not a bad idea. We were also thinking of having basic starter guides to be accessible to anyone - basically just a rundown of how everything works and suggestions for basic gear.  I think a part of WoE is also slowly figuring out how to improve your skills and equips through experience, testing new things or talking to other people as well, so we wouldn't make it like a spoon feed.

Is it still an issue? As of now, a guild needs to meet certain criteria to be deemed as active and then receive WoE Coins accordingly. The "Time Spent" section in the BR is pretty much useless (and yes BR will be revamped too). So even if a guild spends the two full hours inside but does nothing, technically they shouldn't receive any reward at all.

19 hours ago, gcq said:

Anyways, another addition I wanted to make is updating castle loots. As right now, you not "really" need to get a castle. It's free Speeds, EDP, Def Pots and Abrasive, but that's stuff you also get on other places, the only real reason you need a castle is to access Guild Dungeons and HOA cheaper.

So how about add some exclusive loots? I thought about, for Arunafelz Rachel, the Crit food (that Sandwich, it has it in it's name), for Yuno the Schwarzwald PD food and for the normal castles the Rune Cake. Could add other items, these were just that came into my mind.

I'm not sure when was the last update to the castle loots, but I agree that they need an update too. I'll add it to the list.

By the way, I just want to thank you both @Pressie and @gcq for taking the time to share your opinions and suggestions! We really do appreciate it a lot!
If you know someone else who would like to share their thoughts please push them to do so 😊

== OK THIRD TIME I WRITE THIS COZ THIS GEI EDITOR KEEPS REMOVING MY POST :C ==

I agree with these: of course we'd give something that is worth it but bound to the GL. And I'm thinking it should have requirements kinda like how, right now, you need to meet a certian criteria to be eligible to get WoE Coins, and the count could be reset if the Guild Leader changes during WoE, so that way it should prevent abuses.
Any suggestions on items that could be worth receiving as a GL?

Hard to say since most things you need as GL are consumables, which are easy to get and tradable and basically money to supply your guild. What you need is nerves of steel. haha

Yes it is endgame content, but it's true that it's harder to access overall especially if you have little to no experience in WoE in general.
A "tighter" legit WoE being a gate to access it is not a bad idea. We were also thinking of having basic starter guides to be accessible to anyone - basically just a rundown of how everything works and suggestions for basic gear.  I think a part of WoE is also slowly figuring out how to improve your skills and equips through experience, testing new things or talking to other people as well, so we wouldn't make it like a spoon feed.

How about improve the BG woe simulations for that (Conquest and the other one).

Or take them out there as a whole and make them a sort of mini-game in a NPC. It could work like Deathmatch, you register with your guild, another one does too and then you play togethere the simulation. Could add also different levels, like "Beginner", a solo run down to explain what the hell goes on with NPCs and pop ups, maybe using some Monsters as enemy substitute, and a "Advanced" without that and vs actual players.

Rewards could be WOE coins, with a cool down tho, so you cant abuse-farm that.

Is it still an issue? As of now, a guild needs to meet certain criteria to be deemed as active and then receive WoE Coins accordingly. The "Time Spent" section in the BR is pretty much useless (and yes BR will be revamped too). So even if a guild spends the two full hours inside but does nothing, technically they shouldn't receive any reward at all.

I dunno actually, I just quoted what a guild member once told me, if there isn't a issue someone else has with it it might as well be put on ice.

I'm not sure when was the last update to the castle loots, but I agree that they need an update too. I'll add it to the list.

Not sure if there was any updates, beside that God Item plans that was there ages ago.

How about adding things like Head gears/Costumes, since we all know people love collecting fancy stuff. It could be Castle unique things, to increase the collecting urge and the desire to get a castle. The Gears could be like cedi Gears, tradable but bound once you equip them.

By the way, I just want to thank you both @Pressie and @gcq for taking the time to share your opinions and suggestions! We really do appreciate it a lot!
If you know someone else who would like to share their thoughts please push them to do so 😊

No problem, I might be dead in game but I might as well can still jump into the argues here.