Faroe Island maps, why tho?

Teakey

Question

Why the hell aren't we able to use @jump, angra, or ahura on these faroe island maps? Like yeah I understand there's a long stupid quest for nothing on these maps. But is it really that important to remove these things on these maps? I can understand the mvp maps not allowing angra/ahura, but seriously there's no point in having these nerfs here. There's literally no one doing these quests at extremely low levels, and the monster aren't all that hard to avoid, so why am I wasting so much time walking these maps? So many other quests maps allow me to @jump around and even use angra, I see no point in these restrictions. So please enlighten me.

Edited by Teakey

16 answers to this question

Guest Nebula

Hello,

First of all understand that those quests were released many years ago, the current staff wouldn't know the reasoning behind it, but I'm assuming it was originally to make farming more fair.

That said we could still discuss it. Maybe we can keep it on certain maps only, eg. mvps maps as you said.

Guest Crystalline

Good Day~

As we do understand how inconvenient the walking is for you to do every time you visit maps regarding the "Onward to New World" quests. As Nebula mentioned above, these quests were made by the staff many many years ago. 

However

Enabling @jump, angra, ahura in today's society will greatly affect the farmers of those Mvp's, will greatly affect the prices of those cards and its item drops in a negative way, due to the fact that accessing the dungeons and farming in those custom dungeons are made easier if we apply these changes. Especially if we allow Angra Manyu and Ahura Mazda. 

From my own understanding of how the whole quest line works, if you do complete "The Nightmare Within" you are able to access a NPC "Orb" that lets you travel into the New World maps that you have already visited. I personally know people who use these orbs to farm in places that contains MvP's such as SkollSaint Trofimena, and so on. 

And from your very own words "see quote below" it really shouldn't be a problem having to walk a 1-2 maps (if you use the orb) if you have the proper gears to walk through it quickly. And in my own personal experience, it only takes 3-5mins~

There's literally no one doing these quests at extremely low levels, and the monster aren't all that hard to avoid

I hope this answers your question~

Pretty sure he just wanted to make quests and just wanted people to do it how he wanted it done. Same reason for reflection when you asura certain mobs because people were abusing the teddy baal/apache combo to get full hp/sp each asura, etc. These nerfs does stop most people from farming and questing which increases the rarity of completing these quests but that doesn't change the drop rate of items. All farmers (mvp farmers and quest hunters) are killing these monsters easily one way or another with or without angra so there's really no point in having them. Since drop rates make farming mvps hard as it is, there's no point making killing the mvps harder since they'll die just as they spawn if there's a demand for the drops/card.

As far as I can tell, angra/ahura doesn't change the drop rate nor difficulty of any of the sealed mvps or faroe monsters, since u can quite literally spam ygg berry. The added damage doesn't change much either seeing how most people who are farming are either max stat sinxs or star glads who very easily wipe these mobs. You're only making it harder for different classes (most people clearly caught onto and avoid using now because it's slower) and you're stopping players from wanting to even do them because rather than finding a way that isn't angra, they will just use angra to farm mvp rooms which reward far better than hunting these exclusive mvps.

Tl;dr: These nerfs don't change the rate of drops. Having quests where I'm walking through most of the map which isn't hard but time consuming doesn't increase the rarity or fun in doing these quests, most people would simply avoid doing them since they're not worth the reward. So why are these things still in place after years of suffering they've caused?

edit: sorry about the rant but I really cannot foresee a good enough reason for this

Edited by Teakey

6 hours ago, gcq said:

coz it sounds basically to me like "I am too lazy to walk".

Yeah, you're right. I didn't consider I'm being lazy. I'm sorry for being lazy in doing a long stupid quests to gain access to maps that I have to walk around pointlessly to farm items that aren't really worth the time to do these quests or going to these maps. I should've stuck to my hard earning ways of farming mvps rooms for zeny and just buy better and non-exclusive items. Pssh never mind, what was I thinking?

My point was, these quests and exclusive maps to farm aren't hard, they're time consuming. The only people who really want to do these quests and go to these maps are people who want a different way to farm or obtain items rather than the meta way of simply slapping angra on and going into mvp rooms and grind oca, mvp card, etc to get the gear they want. I just find it rather annoying that the reward I got from donating to get @jump are being taken away for such a minor quest/map. (Yes, I know there is fly wings, not the point I'm trying to make)

Edited by Teakey

23 hours ago, Teakey said:

I'm sorry for being lazy in doing a long stupid quests to gain access to maps that I have to walk around pointlessly to farm items that aren't really worth the time to do these quests or going to these maps.

Im sorry but if it's pointless and the items are worthless to u, why are u doing it in the first place? Lol

I used to farm there and i still do sometimes, when i was starting out the fact that i couldn't use jump made it more fun for me actually. I had to be careful in certain areas bc if i died it meant i had to go all the way back there. it is annoying but for me it's part of the fun. it didn't stop me as a newbie, it gave me a reason to figure out how to survive in certain places, and in my opinon that's part of the game. but that's me i guess.

On 8/24/2019 at 9:54 PM, Teakey said:

Yeah, you're right. I didn't consider I'm being lazy. I'm sorry for being lazy in doing a long stupid quests to gain access to maps that I have to walk around pointlessly to farm items that aren't really worth the time to do these quests or going to these maps. I should've stuck to my hard earning ways of farming mvps rooms for zeny and just buy better and non-exclusive items. Pssh never mind, what was I thinking?

My point was, these quests and exclusive maps to farm aren't hard, they're time consuming. The only people who really want to do these quests and go to these maps are people who want a different way to farm or obtain items rather than the meta way of simply slapping angra on and going into mvp rooms and grind oca, mvp card, etc to get the gear they want. I just find it rather annoying that the reward I got from donating to get @jump are being taken away for such a minor quest/map. (Yes, I know there is fly wings, not the point I'm trying to make)

... Then don't go there if the items aren't exclusive enough for you? lol Its not like you are forced, nor that it's needed to continue the game. 

And idk but all points you make sound rather pro to the topic then anti. But oh welp.

13 hours ago, Merquri said:

Im sorry but if it's pointless and the items are worthless to u, why are u doing it in the first place? Lol

2 hours ago, gcq said:

... Then don't go there if the items aren't exclusive enough for you? lol Its not like you are forced, nor that it's needed to continue the game. 

I think both of you are missing the point. It's not about if these maps/quests are good or bad (enjoyable or not), it's about these maps/quests restricting items and commands even though there's no need to. I would understand if it was a timed quest where you had a limited amount of time to do them with loads of monsters blocking your way and @jump to the end would ruin the whole quest. But it's nothing like that. Having strong donates doesn't change the drop rate of the items either, so why is there a restriction on angra/ahura on these maps? To increase your time to kill a monster that you have to walk to find? As if the drops from there are so ground breaking that they want less people obtaining them?

There's no point in taking away @jump, angra, ahura in these maps.

Edited by Teakey

Haizzz ...

The point is, 'coz they were intended to feel like old ro days, without jump, without Angra help, just a chill experience, enjoy your time in game and don't rush things like it's mostly the case.

It's not about ground breaking loots or difficulty. 

Frankly, if you don't like it that way, I had suggest you just do other stuff in game. ._.

55 minutes ago, Teakey said:

it's about these maps/quests restricting items and commands even though there's no need to.

On 8/24/2019 at 3:06 AM, Teakey said:

As far as I can tell, angra/ahura doesn't change the drop rate nor difficulty of any of the sealed mvps or faroe monsters, since u can quite literally spam ygg berry. The added damage doesn't change much either seeing how most people who are farming are either max stat sinxs or star glads who very easily wipe these mobs.

ok so let's say angra/ahura will be enabled on the ghp maps:
here's what (most) people will do:

hey those mobs are too hard for me! oh i know, i'll use angra and ahura. problem solved. i can now farm anywhere with not so much effort.

.....but with a restriction on those items, here's what happens:

either

a. mobs are too hard, the person is a newbie and gives up to farm something else instead, or they prefer something else. whatever floats their boat.

b. the person will actively think 'hey, i need better gears. what works here?' and either figure out with trial and error or by asking someone else. ygg spam makes it easier? hell nah, ygg is limited, u gotta farm for that lol. so not only it sparks a thought process which is: there's a problem -> how can i solve it?, it also gives some kind of level of difficulty and u actually need to put in effort.

some items are worthy *BECAUSE* of the difficulty/effort u have to put in. if it wasn't like that what would even be the point in doing these quests?

so would u still say not having those restrictions is better than having them?
if so then i think maybe u dont wanna think about *how* to get better or would rather have everything ready to serve (and hey, not judging or anything, whatever floats ur boat man. im just expressing my opinion. no hard feels.)

1 hour ago, gcq said:

coz they were intended to feel like old ro days, without jump, without Angra help, just a chill experience, enjoy your time in game and don't rush things like it's mostly the case.

First off, I would love if this was true, sadly it isn't. There is no "chill experience" in putting interesting (not good and not bad) items behind a feels trips. If I wanted a feels trip I wouldn't be on this mid-rate server. I would be on the original or classic server. Also they wouldn't put restrictions half-way into the quests if they wanted a feels trip.

1 hour ago, Merquri said:

but with a restriction on those items, here's what happens:

either

a. mobs are too hard, the person is a newbie and gives up to farm something else instead, or they prefer something else. whatever floats their boat.

(didn't want to quote the whole thing you said, but will talk about the whole thing)
Secondly, anyone who does this at a lower level would simply blame the fact that they're not high enough level to do these maps rather than think it's gear at fault. Which, btw, a max level can easily breeze through the monsters here without much thought to gear. The fact that this server highlights SG, SINX, and snipers for farming means that any low level would be playing these classes to farm these maps. I don't know why you think new players are dumb to think of a longer solution rather than take the shortest path.

Thirdly, I enjoy exploring things that aren't meta. Thus is the reason why I did these quests in the first place. It wasn't because there was good rewards or a interesting quest. It was more of a "oh that item's not strong but rather cool" that quickly went into "why is this quest so long? and why am I walking there?" Like halfway through quests are movements limited to walking. I started these quests using @jump and angra, why is it now in the middle of these continuous quests am I being restricted? Answer: There is none.

21 hours ago, Teakey said:

If it was up to me, the problem would be solved by deleting the whole quest and maps entirely since no one is doing them. There's other ways to enjoy a feels trip and there's other gear that are better. 🙄

Neat. Tell that the Fluffy farmers, Skoll farmers, Saint farmers, and the guys looking for cards like Anuanki, Implosion or Mermaid. 

11 hours ago, gcq said:

Neat. Tell that the Fluffy farmers, Skoll farmers, Saint farmers, and the guys looking for cards like Anuanki, Implosion or Mermaid. 

I'm sure all two of them wouldn't mind. LOL! Also, these maps with mvps have @jump restricted but a place like itty bitty poring city with multiple mvps(and very OP items) doesn't. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I understand the angra/ahura restrictions on mvp maps but not on ones without mvps..so your not making any sense.~ The lack of consistency in all these maps is bothersome. 

If I remember right, Luxury who designed the whole thing, wanted it to be like in the "old days". Meaning you actually walked around the world and not just mindlessly spam Jump your way through it. Probably same goes sort of or Ahura/Angra.

It literally took me 5min to even get what was your point, but I hope I got it, lol. You talk about Teddy Baal like it's a 10c card and everyone has it.

Pretty sure he just wanted to make quests and just wanted people to do it how he wanted it done. Same reason for reflection when you asura certain mobs because people were abusing the teddy baal/apache combo to get full hp/sp each asura, etc.

Well, of course he wants people to do them as he thought them out, it was his creation ... lol Also what has Baal to do with all of this.

who are farming are either max stat sinxs or star glads who very easily wipe these mobs. You're only making it harder for different classes (most people clearly caught onto and avoid using now because it's slower)

Well the thing with this game in general or in that matter any rpg with different classes will always be, that some classes are better in killing then others. You can't avoid that. That's the point of having 20 classes in the first place. (Max stat) Sinx and SGs are preferred, 'coz they made for quick killing. There will always be a meta class in the game, that's just how it is.

and you're stopping players from wanting to even do them because rather than finding a way that isn't angra, they will just use angra to farm mvp rooms which reward far better than hunting these exclusive mvps.

That frankly sounds more like the problem is Angra itself, 'coz people don't learn what other gears might be the best for their class beside the mindless smacking mob with that.

Tl;dr: These nerfs don't change the rate of drops. Having quests where I'm walking through most of the map which isn't hard but time consuming doesn't increase the rarity or fun in doing these quests, most people would simply avoid doing them since they're not worth the reward. So why are these things still in place after years of suffering they've caused?

And frankly, I don't even see the "suffering" with the Glastheim quests you describe? Just because you too lazy to take the time and walk 5min more? lol If you don't like that kind of quests, and rather just @jump coord your way through the world, then I guess better do the other quests.

tl;dr, I am still not 100% sure if I even got the point of the whole argument, 'coz it sounds basically to me like "I am too lazy to walk".

9 minutes ago, gcq said:

May be we need to tackle the problem different, call other reasons to change it beside the "I'm too lazy to walk".

If it was up to me, the problem would be solved by deleting the whole quest and maps entirely since no one is doing them. There's other ways to enjoy a feels trip and there's other gear that are better. 🙄