Refined Cedi items and you

gcq

Since quit a few people keep bringing up that issue in main and are too lazy to make it a proper topic, I decided to make this post.

The issue: Cedi items can only be refined when bound to the character.

The desired change: make them refineable with our bound.

Due to the refine UI update a short period if time allowed that. But it was considered a bug and got removed.

I personally don't see a problem with making the items refineable without bound.

Pros: Cedi runners say no one buys unrefined, so their market might be more profitable.

Easier to obtain high refines if your luck sucks (?).

Cons: Tho it might be it makes the market easier for long time runners, people who can't afford refine them could get handicapped if they still want to sell their +0 items.

Someone told me for the cons, it will end in a monopolized mess. (note from me: well you can't stop that quit frankly, someone will always be on top)

Feel free to add more to the pros and cons. kthxbai.

Edited by gcq

I am also at a 50/50 stand on this matter. If I may suggest let's have it like:

Cedi gears can be refined without being account bound - yes - but on two conditions: 1) If the blacksmith blessing is from daily eden reward, the selected cedi item to be refined will automatically turned into bound and 2) if the blacksmith blessing is from cedi or from cash shop or SRT box or Donor Box, then the selected cedi item to be refined will remain unbound and can be traded to another player.

Aforementioned suggestion will not apply to cedi items that are already character bound, thus if it is bound IT IS BOUND.

As for the pros and cons, there's not much I can say about it. However, if someone wants to monopolize the price and control it, that person can always find a way to do so whether it be cedi items or what have you. It is upon us player whether we go with that flow or try to go against it.

I would love to hear more opinions on this matter as it will help all of us in the long run too.

58 minutes ago, Aka Gelato said:

I am also at a 50/50 stand on this matter. If I may suggest let's have it like:

Cedi gears can be refined without being account bound - yes - but on two conditions: 1) If the blacksmith blessing is from daily eden reward, the selected cedi item to be refined will automatically turned into bound and 2) if the blacksmith blessing is from cedi or from cash shop or SRT box or Donor Box, then the selected cedi item to be refined will remain unbound and can be traded to another player.

Aforementioned suggestion will not apply to cedi items that are already character bound, thus if it is bound IT IS BOUND.

As for the pros and cons, there's not much I can say about it. However, if someone wants to monopolize the price and control it, that person can always find a way to do so whether it be cedi items or what have you. It is upon us player whether we go with that flow or try to go against it.

I would love to hear more opinions on this matter as it will help all of us in the long run too.

I actually thought about more like "if not bound" > no blessings at all able to use. And if they bound already you can use Blessing.

Coz frankly, not to doubt Kitty's scripting skills, but. As you wrote it that is very complicated, and the chances of something not working or loopholes appearing can be pretty high.

And since I heard that argument of "monopole" quit a few times now. It is pretty much bullshit.

First of all, there will be always someone that has a "monopole", that's how the buy/sell business works. Putting restrictions on that just to avoid that is basically punishing the Cedi player for well ... playing the game.

Secondly, you can't even call it that much of a "monopole". It's not like a single MVP only one person can kill and get the loot and then sell. Everyone can run cedi. Everyone can run 20 sets at once, if he has the dedication. Everyone can have a 600/600 gstorage full of cedi gears.

The issue we have here right now is, that the supply is higher then the demand. By very, veryyyyyy much. No one buys coz they either A) have all items they need already or B) dun want/can't refine them higher by their own. I not gonna deny, only one/ or a few people dictating the price is bad. However, they can't even dictate the price much, 'coz no one buys it.

Cedi over all needs a big revamp. I maybe gonna post later something else regarding this.

Also, wasn't a rant directly on you Aka, just put all my thoughts in that reply now. haha /pat

3 minutes ago, gcq said:

I actually thought about more like "if not bound" > no blessings at all able to use. And if they bound already you can use Blessing.

Coz frankly, not to doubt Kitty's scripting skills, but. As you wrote it that is very complicated, and the chances of something not working or loopholes appearing can be pretty high.

And since I heard that argument of "monopole" quit a few times now. It is pretty much bullshit.

First of all, there will be always someone that has a "monopole", that's how the buy/sell business works. Putting restrictions on that just to avoid that is basically punishing the Cedi player for well ... playing the game.

Secondly, you can't even call it that much of a "monopole". It's not like a single MVP only one person can kill and get the loot and then sell. Everyone can run cedi. Everyone can run 20 sets at once, if he has the dedication. Everyone can have a 600/600 gstorage full of cedi gears.

The issue we have here right now is, that the supply is higher then the demand. By very, veryyyyyy much. No one buys coz they either A) have all items they need already or B) dun want/can't refine them higher by their own. I not gonna deny, only one/ or a few people dictating the price is bad. However, they can't even dictate the price much, 'coz no one buys it.

Cedi over all needs a big revamp. I maybe gonna post later something else regarding this.

Also, wasn't a rant directly on you Aka, just put all my thoughts in that reply now. haha /pat

Ohhhh yasssssssssss pls.

No worries about it Mel. I don't even buy those gears from players wkwkwkwkwkwk so I am like one of those people who just run own and refine on own XD

I was more concerned as to how this would affect cedi itself. I mean, because of the monopoly, people won't want to run cedi anymore. But seeing this discussion I guess it's nothing to worry about. It should actually push players to run their own cedi. The concern with what you guys are suggesting is only the scripting. But if Kitty and the team decide that it's wise to do so, we can leave it to Kitty, he has no problem with writing scripts. Right? Nyan~ And yes! Cedi does need some revamping. 

Another suggestion, what do you guys think of making cedi items vendable? 🤔

My opinion is just let it be... 

Yeah..if can sell +10, it help seller sold a bit little expensive (and it will not stand for long time)

If it now, people who want to refine +10 of vv (mybe) he/she need buy 5-10 pcs ea to refine it. 

At least you need work to hard refine it.

(its more fun when you do cedi when the loot is  from tressure box then right now from zotar)

Edited by Kecikk