Halloween 2019: Abyss Event

Guest Nebula

875592574_Halloweenevent.png.8071f575d02577ebc4798a19669675d2.png

Earthlings!

As Samhain time is getting closer, the doorways between our world and the netherworld will soon be opened, and the dead will roam our world.

The citizens of Rune-Midgard rejoice, as they will be able to be reunited with their loved ones, even if for a little time.

But the spirits who had an honorable death aren't the only ones interested in coming back to our world! Other spirits, the ones who died with no honor, the ones who died in shame, the ones who never had any notable doings and were forgotten.

Those vengeful spirits have been trapped in the realm of Niflhiem and cannot rest in peace. They are now seeking for revenge, and they won’t rest until they reach their goal by invading and destroying the living world.

Event Mechanics

Abyss Rift

There are strange pits appearing in Rune-Midgard's fields. It's seems to be connected to the Netherworld. If you step on it... spirits come out!

• Find a Nether Pit!
  • Solo or with a party, fight off the waves of spirits that will come out to attack you!
  • When a wave is done, follow the yellow path to find out where more spirits are hiding and kill them.
  • Kill the final boss
  • Get loots!

When entering a map, you will now be notified if there's an active Pit. If the Pit is inactive, you will be notified with a respawn timer.

Example:

4978ebc6ce3ac0129be47d3535b71088.png

There are 4 to 6 number of waves, plus the boss. For all difficulties, you have 45 seconds to fight the waves and 10 seconds to walk to the next point.

When the waves are done, a treasure chest appears.
This chest is accessible only by whoever started the sequence first and it could be solo or party based.

Note: The yellow path shows only to the person who triggered the pits and no one else. If you're in a party, make sure to follow the person who triggered it.

There are three difficulties:

• Easy - Soloable and newbie-friendly - Found in Prontera fields (prt_fild0, prt_fild02, prt_fild05, prt_fild06, prt_fild07, prt_fild08)
  • Medium - Recommended: party of 3 - Found in Morocc fields (moc_fild07, moc_fild11, moc_fild12, moc_fild17, moc_fild18, moc_fild19)
  • Hard - Recommended: party of 5 - Found in Geffen fields (gef_fild00, gef_fild01, gef_fild04, gef_fild05, gef_fild07, gef_fild09)

Pits respawn every 15 minutes.

After the Treasure Chest is gone, there's a chance that a dialog will be shown to the person who triggered the pit. If you go further you'll access Abyss Depth.

Abyss Depth

You found a weaker spot in the world, so you're able to enter the Netherworld. Vengeful spirits will try to kill you so your soul will be forever trapped in hell.

• Fight your way out!
  • Kill the final boss to get access to a final treasure chest.

The difficulty of Abyss Depth depends on the difficulty of Abyss Rift.

The event is gonna last until November 30th 11:59 PM Server Time (UTC+8).

Loots

All headgears, equips and costumes are obtainable by completing Abyss Rift and/or Abyss Depth.
Rates increase based on difficulty. Rates are higher in Abyss Depth.

All headgears are costumable.

Spider Seduction

7015e6b80a172e3c1ccc60bdf4ba0bd0.gif

• Equips on: Upper
  • Slots: 2

Effect:

• Def +5
  • Resistance to medium size +10%
  • Max HP +10%
  • Healing Received +10%

Restrictions: Drop, Trade, Cart, Mail, Sell to NPC, Guild Storage.

Bicolor Cat Witch Hat

6e2b79387a3148662c455d91e99e46a2.gif

Effect:

• Def +3
  • Magic damage to demi human +10
  • 10% Matk

Gram Peony

3b85bccb57fb3db74982b91ffd1a9934.gif

Equips on: Upper
Slots: 2

Effect:

• Def +3
  • Damage to Demi human +35%
  • Decrease damage to demi human by 5% for each card compounded
  • Resistance to Demi human +5%

Variant Veil

225cd8433043086ca15fc64918a54a80.gif

Effect:

• Def +5
  • Increase the effect of Heal, Sanctuary, Potion Pitcher skills by 10%
  • If base int is 255 increase resistance to the 4 base element by 5%

Dark Snake Lord Stole

c276abf13326d03e7a1c4665abeab3a5.gif

• Equips on: Lower
  • Slots: 0

Effect:

• Def +1
  • Resistance to Stun +50%
  • Resistance to Stone Curse +50%
  • Resistance to Curse +50%

Diabolic Lapel

92d048c63aa112b1500a6d00b840d93e.gif

• Equips on: Lower
  • Slots: 0

Effect:

• Immune to silence
  • Ignores Pneuma at a chance of 5%

Floating Tai Jade

fa9acc063fafc72d244eeb398d4f0dcc.gif

• Equips on: Middle
  • Slots: 1

Effect:

• Def +3
  • Physical Damage +15%
  • Adds small chance to Curse target when attacking.
  • Grants Intravision

Jack Castle Bat

00044a5816ed431269d66eecf2414923.gif

• Equips on: Middle

Effect:

• Increase resistance to the 4 base element by 10%
  • Damage reduction from all sources +5%
  • Grants no gemstone effect

Armor of Nothingness

15055.gif

• Equips on: Armor

Effect:

• Mdef +5
  • Flee +125
  • Perfect Dodge +15
  • Max HP +10%
  • Magic evade chance +5%
  • Resistance to freeze +30%
  • Resistance to silence +30%

Restrictions: None

Haunted Forest Boots

2470.gif

• Equips on: Shoes

Effect:

• Movement speed +10%
  • Attack speed +5%
  • Flee +50
  • Resistance to shadow property +5%
  • Resistance to poison property +5%
  • Resistance to undead property +5%

Cape of Silhouette

20820.gif

• Equips on: Garment

Effect:

• Max HP and SP +10%
  • Resistance to Neutral and Holy properties +5%
  • Flee +50
  • Perfect Dodge +5
  • Grants the use of the skill Lex Divina Lvl 3.

Crescent Arm Guard

2173.gif

• Equips on: Accessory

Effect:

• Mdef +5
  • Flee +20
  • Increase heal potency by 10%
  • Increase slim potion pitcher potency by 10%
  • Increase potion pitcher potency by 10%
  • Chance to cast quagmire when getting hit

Costume: Halloween Hat

a42c698e0c67f2509d162e71a841b2de.gif

• Equips on: Costume Upper
  • Restrictions: Sell to NPC

Costume: Diabolic Headphones

17c7215f0965480fa44bc3dd92cdac4b.gif

Costume: Tengu Crow Mask

b2649ab1881efc9fbd910de30497b160.gif

• Equips on: Costume Middle

Costume: Blood and Light

9e364a8ff49129c232f7e80f967f3ff9.gif

Costume: Vampire Headband

cbb202274801f89b21a2c045b3c08827.gif

Costume: Whisper's Blessing

404ce48205be0b8b2463b0f8348678f2.gif

• Equips on: Costume Garment

In addition to the new Headgears, Costumes, and Equip, you can also loot:

Changelog

• The following adjustments were made:
  • When entering a map, you will now be notified if there's an active Pit. If the Pit is inactive, you will be notified with a respawn timer.
  • The event will now go on until November 30th 11:59 PM Server Time (UTC+8).

To apologize for the inconveniences caused by the event, we're adding a new costume loot and giving compensation:

• Costume: Nimbus Broom

9f346faf2e79d107a4d62796535cb7e4.gif

Equips on: Costume Garment
Restrictions: Sell to NPC

• Talk to Zotar Corp NPC in Prontera (151, 190) to redeem 10x Jack-o'-Lantern Sack and 1x Pancaline Special Stack (100 pancakes). The rewards are redeemable until November 4th, 4:00 AM server time (UTC+8).
  • Additionally, EXP rates will be increased for 72 hours (until November 4th, 4:00 AM server time UTC+8).
  • Drop rates will be increased for 24 hours (until November 2nd, 4:00 AM server time UTC+8).

Enjoy the rates and have fun with the event.

~RevivalRO Staff

Are we allowed to leave the map after we looted the treasure chest, even though it's still in the count down from 2mins?

Kittyboy:

yes, but if you do so you're risking losing the entrance to abyss depth.

so stay there until it's done

*Answered*

Edited by Teakey

So this is a race against other players to get to these maps and start the pit event, but in the medium and hard where you need a party...Having everyone using fly wings in hopes to get to these pits is very hard. Getting your whole party there before someone else starts is almost impossible. If you start the event before your team gets there the timer is going to run out super fast. Seems to be a huge problem...Solo seems best because you at least have a chance in the race against others.

So comparing this to the pront invasion event where everyone had a chance to get costumes/loot it seems less ppl (and newbies without @jump) are going to have a harder chance at getting these loots. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Teakey

When you want encourage party play and end up encourage solo play- a summary.

EDIT what i so far not really understood -i write this only from what I read/heard- ... only the pit starter can loot? What's the point of a party if there is only one loot.

Nvm my loot ask, someone already got all, can't be that bad 

Edited by gcq

2 minutes ago, dark jamilah said:

its a privilege

coz they paid for it :) non-donor can use fly wing, tele. warp etc.

Well, then. The event is suppose to be for

EVERYONE

Not Everyone has the spare 100€ to donate to get @Jump

If that's really the way we go now, Pay to Win the event, then I feel really sorry for you thinking that's suppose to be right. Just because you have the privilege, it doesn't mean it's fair towards the others.

Before someone makes the stupid argument of just use fly wings. They are not unlimited and of course you will have to stop doing the event to farm those items and come back to doing the event for a chance to beat a donor using @jump. Which that in itself is pretty unfair that non-donors have to do compared to just paying a set amount for unlimited jump. A fly wing is NOT the same as @jump I assure you. The reason is I can pull up the Navi pop-up and find the exact coors to the next field over and type @jump (x, y). I will cover more maps than anyone using a fly wings in hopes to get to the next map. So using fly wings for a event is not the same as @jump.

tl;dr - Fly wings aren't as good as @jump. Non-donor are at a disadvantage for an event that's suppose to be for everyone.

15 hours ago, gcq said:

Well, then. The event is suppose to be for

EVERYONE

Not Everyone has the spare 100€ to donate to get @Jump

If that's really the way we go now, Pay to Win the event, then I feel really sorry for you thinking that's suppose to be right. Just because you have the privilege, it doesn't mean it's fair towards the others.

im not saying its fair. hello. what I'm saying its not advantage at all. they paid for it. just ask GM to remove @jump in the event (if they will agree).

6 minutes ago, dark jamilah said:

im not saying its fair. hello. what I'm saying its not advantage at all. they paid for it. just ask GM to remove @jump in the event (if they will agree).

Ok sorry for being a bit overly sarcastic now but; are you high lol

Don't you think it's an HUGH difference in roaming field if you just can note down Jump coord, type them in and be on the next field in 2sec 

VERSUS

using maybe (depending on how unlucky you are) 50 Fly wings and need around 1minute or 2minute (again depending on how unlucky)

??????

My last reply to that point, I can't make it more clear.

13 hours ago, Teakey said:

Before someone makes the stupid argument of just use fly wings. They are not unlimited and of course you will have to stop doing the event to farm those items and come back to doing the event for a chance to beat a donor using @jump. Which that in itself is pretty unfair that non-donors have to do compared to just paying a set amount for unlimited jump. A fly wing is NOT the same as @jump I assure you. The reason is I can pull up the Navi pop-up and find the exact coors to the next field over and type @jump (x, y). I will cover more maps than anyone using a fly wings in hopes to get to the next map. So using fly wings for a event is not the same as @jump.

tl;dr - Fly wings aren't as good as @jump. Non-donor are at a disadvantage for an event that's suppose to be for everyone.

its not stupidity dear and there's no argument at all. its an options. even they have @jump they cannot go to the pit  directly coz the location its random. the only  thing they can do is they can go to the map faster than non-donor. you can use also alt HP to map enable warp. if not enable warp use unli-flywing(iforgot the item)/creamy card. better invest 10m-100m if you cant donor 100euro. I agree with you flywing is not same with @jump,  that is stupidity, thinking flywing is same as @jump :)) What i suggest are options so people can enjoy even they are non-donor.

11 minutes ago, gcq said:

Ok sorry for being a bit overly sarcastic now but; are you high lol

Don't you think it's an HUGH difference in roaming field if you just can note down Jump coord, type them in and be on the next field in 2sec 

VERSUS

using maybe (depending on how unlucky you are) 50 Fly wings and need around 1minute or 2minute (again depending on how unlucky)

??????

My last reply to that point, I can't make it more clear.

yes its a HUGE difference. I use @jump too. putting all the coordinates of warp portals on you alt+M.

You can go to 5 maps in 15-20seconds. :))

While non-donor will take him about 1min-2mins i guess.

Well I cant say anything about these. Let the GM's decide :)

Have a nice day ^^,

6 minutes ago, dark jamilah said:

its not stupidity dear and there's no argument at all. its an options. even they have @jump they cannot go to the pit  directly coz the location its random. the only  thing they can do is they can go to the map faster than non-donor. you can use also alt HP to map enable warp. if not enable warp use unli-flywing(iforgot the item)/creamy card. better invest 10m-100m if you cant donor 100euro. I agree with you flywing is not same with @jump,  that is stupidity, thinking flywing is same as @jump :)) What i suggest are options so people can enjoy even they are non-donor.

First of all, you can't memo all maps

Second, memo is max 3 maps, who tf memos the whole event on several alts

Third, Infinite Flywing is a RANDOM pancake drop and not even a common one 

Fourth, I lost hope in that argue.

17 hours ago, gcq said:

Pay to Win the event, then I feel really sorry for you thinking that's suppose to be right. Just because you have the privilege, it doesn't mean it's fair towards the others.

do you think GMs made this event to be fair? Just take a look at the difficulty settings and the higher drop rates for those harder instance. World isn't always fair. That's life. This event is pretty much pay to win. Don't bitch at people for having advantages, bitch at the GMs for making the event pay to win.

I don't get you. If GMs made this event to be pay to win and allow richer people to have more advantages, so be it. Don't try to make people participate in this event thinking everyone will be at the same level. Kudos for those who donated and got the @jump function. No need to bitch at them and calling them cheater since they don't fall under your perfect little world where everything is fair and square. They made the effort to donate, then they get what privilege in return.

It's almost as if you're trying to promote communism where everyone is same and everyone get everything equally. No matter how much or how little people contribute, you want everyone to be the same. Then who would grind or who would donate if there aren't any rewards.

39 minutes ago, foodplz said:

do you think GMs made this event to be fair? Just take a look at the difficulty settings and the higher drop rates for those harder instance. World isn't always fair. That's life. This event is pretty much pay to win. Don't bitch at people for having advantages, bitch at the GMs for making the event pay to win.

I don't get you. If GMs made this event to be pay to win and allow richer people to have more advantages, so be it. Don't try to make people participate in this event thinking everyone will be at the same level. Kudos for those who donated and got the @jump function. No need to bitch at them and calling them cheater since they don't fall under your perfect little world where everything is fair and square. They made the effort to donate, then they get what privilege in return.

It's almost as if you're trying to promote communism where everyone is same and everyone get everything equally. No matter how much or how little people contribute, you want everyone to be the same. Then who would grind or who would donate if there aren't any rewards.

Dude, what the fuck is wrong with you lol

Also I never called anyone a cheater lmao, the only one bitching are the people that give no other argument then "having a privilege".