Rabbit pits into despair and you

gcq

Sooo after the Halloween event finally arrived and had an amazing start, it's time to drop some improvement suggestions.

First of all tho I wanna say, this is bit to bash on Kitty or the GMs for doing crap. I know they had the best intend with doing something else then the every year trick or treat and scripting is hard. I understand that. 

What I don't understand and where my empathy ends is the execution in this whole scenario.

Things I have heard/read since the event started and that in my opinion need improvment:

- REMOVE @jump, on all maps (should be self explanatory ... I'm still astonished it is allowed)

- REMOVE Back slide, Relocation, Leap and Run. We had that issue in the invasion, it gives too much disadvantage.

- ONE IP per maps. People camp with alts. It's sad for one household users but they can give their thanks to the alt users.

Now there things I am not sure yet how to improve but.

There spawns one pit per map every 15min. ONE. MOTHER. F***ING. PIT. (sorry for the language but it still bothers me so much)

Make it at least 3 per map I had said.

Also i had said 15min waiting for the next pit is a bit long. We need to consider people have a life. Work, chores to do. Not everyone has time to sit there wait for spawn and then race to the pit, just to see it's taken and then wait again.

In general I'm not sure if this "race" like nature is that good for a event. Events are suppose to be fun, marathons are not. At least not for me.

Anyways, rant mode over. Tell me your thoughts guys. May be I'm just over dramatic again.

Kthxbai.

Maybe they should also consider placing a cool down like 12 hours per account. This is to give way to those who haven't done the quest because they are busy with their real lives and can't compete with those who are available to farm 24/7 on this event. After all the event is for every one and not merely for those who have the luxury to stay online all day and farm. 

... You just made it a instance with that cool down haha

Idk if that helps. 

In all honesty.

I always bashed last year's castle for giving me ptsd.

Last year's instance in itself WAS OK. The only thing that ruined it was the loot rates. If you just had fix loot rates and adjust it to currents list, it had been all fine. :/

this is one ridiculous rant imo. One IP per house hold? I'm not gonna fight with my brother to see who gets to play the event.

And for the @jump if you want it, then just donate it.  People paid money to get that function. So yeah. And skill restrictions? Well some people specifically use certain classes for their maneuverability. So with your logic, should creo not be able to use emergency avoid that potentially gives them edge with speed boost? No agi up for priests? No cart boost for WS? Should all speed increasing gears be removed since it's also a privilege and someone are just too poor to afford the equips?

Be mad at the GMs for planning the event like this not to players who got more edge over you. I see players just going around touching the portals before a party arrives and just run away to troll people. But hey, that's how GMs want this to be right?

Your point is to level out everything but hey someone took the money and effort to donate, get classes with better moving skills, made alt accounts for their needs.

If you feel like you're losing the race just make alts yourself, get @jump fuction, use a class with good maneuverability. Those unfair advantages (according to you) are not a secret right? You know how to do it but by choosing not to do it then that's your problem. 

GMs made an event like this then yeah it's natural for people to use whatever is necessary to help them get advantage.

First of all: I want to apologize for the state of the event as it's released right now.

Mistakes from us are okay because we're humans but this situation is not acceptable. We're going to learn from this and plan better for upcoming events.

You all have reasonable arguments and I hope you will enjoy the event more as the major issues gets fixed in the next hot patch.

2 hours ago, Nebula said:

First of all: I want to apologize for the state of the event as it's released right now.

Mistakes from us are okay because we're humans but this situation is not acceptable. We're going to learn from this and plan better for upcoming events.

You all have reasonable arguments and I hope you will enjoy the event more as the major issues gets fixed in the next hot patch.

Thank you for being understanding Nebula.
Indeed, this is something that we should all learn from (not only GMs but also us players). As, a player I see this as something to think about and help find solutions to a problem and point out things which could be improved. No need to be so rough as to find this situation as unacceptable. Mistakes are there for people to learn things from and this is what makes everyone human. Cheer up! I know you will do better today and in the future :D 

11 hours ago, gcq said:

In all honesty.

I always bashed last year's castle for giving me ptsd.

Last year's instance in itself WAS OK. The only thing that ruined it was the loot rates. If you just had fix loot rates and adjust it to currents list, it had been all fine. :/

Well as for you Mel, you're just giving your honest opinion about it, though I think let's just give the team a chance to venture on to something new with this instance (Something like a breather compared with the previous ones). I appreciate you making an effort to write this post as not everyone would have the balls to write a SWOT analysis and suggest ways for improvement. 

P.S.

I just remembered something from my conversation with my husband about this event. We were talking about something like the Exchanger NPC. I personally think there shouldn't be something like that even with the other events that had lapsed. The following are my reasons for it:

• It is from an event - meaning to say something which is not supposedly accessible all year round because it is special or limited.
  • The players were given a chance to do it. If in case, someone wasn't able to do it (i.e. busy with real life etc.), the person made the decision for himself/herself not to do the event. It is beyond the event organizer's control and thus they are not liable for it.
  • In regards to the duplication of items, players should keep in mind about factors such as chance, possibility, and random generated. These are also things beyond the control of the event organizer; hence they are not responsible towards the player not getting the items he/she would want from the event.

As such, these are the reasons I think why there shouldn't be Exchanger NPCs after this event or any other event thereafter.

Another thing which keeps me thinking was the ability to trade costumes. If I remember it correctly some costumes from the past event this year were not tradeable. I wonder about the factors affecting it. Was it because the costumes from the past event like carnival were easier to get? I am not really sure. I need some enlightenment on this. 

I understood though why the armors from the event are tradeable. Hmmmmm.... At the moment, I observe people who first got those costumes selling them but I think in a span of 1 month (?) let alone a week or two, most players would already have them and it could be in duplicates as well. I was thinking there would just be like so many remnants of costume after this event. Hmmmmmm..... I don't really know but yeah we will see. Will just be observing for now.

Edited by Aka Gelato
added some things to contemplate

Ok first of all.

I start to seriously start to hate the attitude some players seem to have on their precious @jump. Yes we paid for it. HOWEVER. It's an insane difference if you spam 50 Fly wings (to roam maps) to get lucky close to portal or f***ing wrote down jump coords and be there in 2sec.

It's FREE to play and so should the event as well. (also you guys act like jump becomes totally useless outside of the event lol)

So to up date my view, last evening I played with Connor, Europe time.

We didn't had a competition problem coz Asia asleep. Still can imagine on Asia primetime it could be cancerous.

Still had said increase pits and maybe nerf loot rate, coz frankly it's insanely easy to get all loot within hours.

To Akas.

I agree Seasonal items should be more special. However we need an exchanger for the nature of double items. Just remove him outside of event season.

In my honest opinion. We NEED tradeable event costumes for the market. It's an refreshing way to keep the market alive. Coz lemme ask, what was the last tradeable Event item that still is in need? Vanna. And that was a totally not newer player friendly thing.

So something sort of "easier"ish to get also help people to make money of (everyone likes a costume collection right?) and there for your other argument fits if someone dun want/can't join. You still later on can sell them the shits.

Hope it's not too confusing what I want to point out. haha

Edited by gcq

2 hours ago, gcq said:

In my honest opinion. We NEED tradeable event costumes for the market. It's an refreshing way to keep the market alive. Coz lemme ask, what was the last tradeable Event item that still is in need? Vanna. And that was a totally not newer player friendly thing.

So something sort of "easier"ish to get also help people to make money of (everyone likes a costume collection right?) and there for your other argument fits if someone dun want/can't join. You still later on can sell them the shits.

Hope it's not too confusing what I want to point out. haha

It makes sense. I didn't really see it on that light before, until you explained it. At least we both get to see it both ways.

I will just be waiting for what the GM team will do until then and I will be observing the event since it's not really mine.

12 minutes ago, Aka Gelato said:

It makes sense. I didn't really see it on that light before, until you explained it. At least we both get to see it both ways.

I will just be waiting for what the GM team will do until then and I will be observing the event since it's not really mine.

The mechanic itself I find ok actually, once you get into the flow.

But yea the issues give it a bit a after taste.