[2019-10-31] Halloween event adjustments

Greetings Everyone,

During this hot patch we released a few Halloween event adjustments

• @jump is no longer usable in the event maps, this to give a fair play for everyone, donors and non-donors, fly wings and teleport skills and similar items still allowed.
  • The yellow dot indicating where the pit is is now removed, you will have to find it yourself.
  • Treasure chests would now guarantee the drop of at least 1 item, previously treasure chests with no items was unclickable, this fixes the issue.
  • The random pit walks would no longer than absurd long paths like in prontera maps ones
  • The random pits would no longer spawn next to NPCs/Warps
  • Eliminated a case where only a single party member would be spawned inside abyss depth
  • Abyss Rift/Depth equipment are now refine-able
  • A new costume has been added to the event as an apology for the inconvenience, more pictures on this one will be released later.

IMPORTANT NOTE: if a treasure chest in abyss depth is unclickable it means it have no drops in it, this behavior won't be changed, you're just too unlucky.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

So now we have to look at a map wich we don't know where the PIT is, and we don't know if the pit is even existing?
wich say's for me WHY THE HECK should i look for it.
atleast make map wide announcements that the pit spawns in 15 10 or 5 mins if you pulled up a sh.t like that to remove the mark

Ok so now I actually played with that new nerf, my thoughts on it.

No Jump - totally ok

No marker - ... this is where I start to wonder what you guys think.

First of all: It makes you hella Paranoid while Teleporting. Like, A) you cant tele fast coz then you miss the Pit maybe and B) What if you you tele ON it and then accidentally keep tele? It's active and you will never see it again. Great.

Second: Now we got the Issue, the Event basically became MVP farming. People who killed now know the timer. They know when to come back, while others waste their time "is it alive? did it died? do I need to wait just few moments???"

I know I ranted before about Alt Scouting maps, but removing the marker (and I also think it was coz AndRO doesnt has it but honestly ... screw AndRO lol) makes it a even bigger waste of time now.

I know you guys always aim for some more "challenging" content. But. The issue is, this very small border between "Competitive" and "Challenging".

Competition is not fun (for the grand majority of peeps), Competition is suppose to be serious.

And Event isn't suppose to be like that, you do it to have fun. Challenge can be fun. In my opinion the Challenge was already given enough be (now) get teleport there and kill the mobs.

Now the Event went from a Marathon against the @jumpers to the goal; to a Marathon to a goal you don't even know if it exists.

situation : pips ranting too much = GMs overthinking...now the event becomes shittier (if there's a such word ) . best event (insert sarcasm here) ever.  rift locations now are sold and bought.  complain about jump = yellow markers are removed haha good job. moral lesson : let the jumpers fill up their storage with rewards wait a few days and when they get bored. your chance to get items for yourself. peace. pls like subscribe and share /heh

Edited by masterchief143

20 minutes ago, masterchief143 said:

situation : pips ranting too much = GMs overthinking...now the event becomes shittier (if there's a such word ) . best event (insert sarcasm here) ever.  rift locations now are sold and bought.  complain about jump = yellow markers are removed haha good job. moral lesson : let the jumpers fill up their storage with rewards wait a few days and when they get bored. your chance to get items for yourself. peace. pls like subscribe and share /heh

I give you a better summary :3:

People are just greedy as fok egotistic assholes, and therefor you can't have a fun event that benefits everyone, coz HEY, a closed circle of people needs to monopole everything, coz #profit. At this point, it's the communities fault, less the GMs.

Also, I did rant about jump, yes but I never ever said anything about the marker. ty.

Edited by gcq

And to finally add some constructive suggestions.

@Nebula@KittyBoy Since I can image you guys are already done with the event mentally, and I guess the Sign on map cant come back due to Android.

Make at least get us a message when we enter those fields.

Something like "There is nothing unusual here" > Pit Cool down
"A dark energy is present, we should investigate" > A Pit is active.