Thanatos Card / Thanatos Weapon Effect

Alleesya

It's been too long since I've used Forums.. I don't know whether people are still gonna read anything from forums or not.. But it's worth a shot I think..:D

Could anyone please kindly provide me with some info regarding thanatos card/weapon effect? (i.e the actual formula for damage calculation/does it work on offhand weapon/etc).

Thank you~

Deals more damage depending on the target's defense.
Drain 1 SP from its owner on each attack.
DEF - 30, Flee Rate - 30

it gives occult impact with means dealing more damage based on target Soft defense well  Hard defense isn't counted here cause no one has much hdef on woe they got only like 20+ or something, The number just next to hard defense is the soft defense and thanatos will start hurting after 120sdef before that your all good , you can't combine this card with Orc Combo and something which ignores defense.

Here is the Formulae 

Damage = [ATK + (Target_Hard_DEF ÷ 2)] × Base_Damage

Edited by Tomson
Added Formulae

20 hours ago, Alleesya said:

How about on monsters? Meaning if the monster has 100 vit, using thana card/weapon will not do any good damage?

Damage = [ATK + (Target_Hard_DEF ÷ 2)] × Base_Damage

You said that hdef isn't counted, but why the hdef exists in the formula? lol:wat:

Well good question, Well maybe it is based on both defense but generally i see people only speak about sdef mostly and if your 120sdef+ you become thana bait not sure why hard defense is taken into consideration here even if you see most of the thana bait mvps they are just having defense mentioned not sdef or hard defense i would consider most mvp which have 150+def above or so as thana bait or maybe same as the players 120sdef, Private servers always tries to balance the skill formulae to optimize it for themselves to meet the current meta maybe our server did too they modified the hdef into sdef not sure this formulae is just a general formulae from the other server , but the card just says deals damage based on defense nothing about occult impact i checked it out..but the old server did.

https://wiki.ragnarevival.com/wiki/Thanatos_Card_(4399)

Ok after some research on google;

Turns out that pre-renewal Thanatos Effect takes SDef in consideration.

Renewal Thanatos takes HDef.

https://herc.ws/board/topic/3542-thanatos-effect-in-renewal/?do=findComment&comment=23316

The script on Thanatos Wiki page is the original pre-renewal one. (Can't help much else since I have no frikking clue; that is just what I figured out after a 5min google search lol)

EDIT:

Also for your question, how that works on monsters with "no sdef"; monsters "sdef" is according to iro wiki (which might not be correct, since they use renewal formulas, so apology):

Monsters use a different SoftDEF formula.

SoftDEF      = floor((VIT + BaseLvl) ÷ 2)
(Probably the reason why you see our custom monster always with low VIT, otherwise Thana would eliminate them hard.)

Edited by gcq

On 11/6/2020 at 10:11 AM, Tomson said:

Well good question, Well maybe it is based on both defense but generally i see people only speak about sdef mostly and if your 120sdef+ you become thana bait not sure why hard defense is taken into consideration here even if you see most of the thana bait mvps they are just having defense mentioned not sdef or hard defense i would consider most mvp which have 150+def above or so as thana bait or maybe same as the players 120sdef, Private servers always tries to balance the skill formulae to optimize it for themselves to meet the current meta maybe our server did too they modified the hdef into sdef not sure this formulae is just a general formulae from the other server , but the card just says deals damage based on defense nothing about occult impact i checked it out..but the old server did.

https://wiki.ragnarevival.com/wiki/Thanatos_Card_(4399)

Someone in-game told me that the easiest way to know whether it's suitable to use thanatos card/weapon on monsters, is when the monster has at least 120 vit.. No actual formula though but, he told me that every 1 vit after a 100, is considered as an additional 1% damage..

i.e Pyuriel has 140 vit, meaning if i were to use Thanatos card/weapon on pyuriel, i'd get 40% additional damage increase.

:ho:

16 hours ago, gcq said:

Ok after some research on google;

Turns out that pre-renewal Thanatos Effect takes SDef in consideration.

Renewal Thanatos takes HDef.

https://herc.ws/board/topic/3542-thanatos-effect-in-renewal/?do=findComment&comment=23316

The script on Thanatos Wiki page is the original pre-renewal one. (Can't help much else since I have no frikking clue; that is just what I figured out after a 5min google search lol)

EDIT:

Also for your question, how that works on monsters with "no sdef"; monsters "sdef" is according to iro wiki (which might not be correct, since they use renewal formulas, so apology):

(Probably the reason why you see our custom monster always with low VIT, otherwise Thana would eliminate them hard.)

I believe RevivalRO is using Pre-renewal system, right? 

So according to the formula (using Pyuriel as an example) :

Sdef = floor [ (140+325) / 2 ]

= floor [ 465 / 2 ]

= floor [ 232.5 ]

What's that floor stands for actually? lol but let's just say that 232.5 is the number that derives from that equation/formula.

So when using Thanatos card/weapon :

232.5 is considered as an additional base attack?

or is it considered as 232.5% damage increase?

6 hours ago, Alleesya said:

= floor [ 465 / 2 ]

= floor [ 232.5 ]

What's that floor stands for actually? lol but let's just say that 232.5 is the number that derives from that equation/formula.

Yes Revival is pre-renewal.

For the formula, not sure but I just assume it's some calc variable for it.

If you want look at it, that's the page on iro, then again, that is mostly renewal. https://irowiki.org/wiki/DEF#Soft_DEF

But they do have some notions on Thana and Occult Impact in the end.

I went to the irowiki and read some of the things written there.... Not quite sure which one should i look further into though.. xD

I do hope that there are/is reference made exclusive by/for our server, regarding thanatos/impact occult effect.. It'd definitely help both new and current player to get clarifications on how to improve their gameplay..

Well that's just my opinion though.. 9_9

22 hours ago, Alleesya said:

= floor [ 465 / 2 ]

= floor [ 232.5 ]

Pre-re formula was (SDEF + HDEF ) /100. You were looking at Renewal formula.

Since HDEF was removed from calculations as part of a change here, its actually only [SDEF/100] here.

So say a mob with 140 vit, you would deal floor[140/100] = 1.4x Damage. Note that Thanatos makes your damage fluctuate a lot more so its harder to actually test.

//Time to disappear again

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Tiny said:

Pre-re formula was (SDEF + HDEF ) /100. You were looking at Renewal formula.

Since HDEF was removed from calculations as part of a change here, its actually only [SDEF/100] here.

So say a mob with 140 vit, you would deal floor[140/100] = 1.4x Damage. Note that Thanatos makes your damage fluctuate a lot more so its harder to actually test.

//Time to disappear again

Nice info xD

Thank you Tiny~

Thanatos Card's script in revivalro wiki is "{bonus bDefRatioAtkRace,RC_Boss; bonus bDefRatioAtkRace,RC_NonBoss; bonus bSPDrainValue,-1; bonus bDef,-30; bonus bFlee,-30; },{},{}".

I remember seeing a comment in some forum that bDefRatioAtk is [ATK * ( (Soft DEF + Hard DEF) /100)] and this formula is also the formula for pre-renewal Ice Pick (source iRO) also ice pick and thanatos card got same effect/description ("Deals more damage depending on the target's Defense."). And in addition to this to prove my claim Thanatos Card and Ice Pick both have the script "bDefRatioAtk" in ratemyserver.net.

Therefore [ATK * ( (Soft DEF + Hard DEF) /100)] is also the formula for thanatos card in pre-renewal.

Edited by High End

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/8/2020 at 5:59 PM, High End said:

Thanatos Card's script in revivalro wiki is "{bonus bDefRatioAtkRace,RC_Boss; bonus bDefRatioAtkRace,RC_NonBoss; bonus bSPDrainValue,-1; bonus bDef,-30; bonus bFlee,-30; },{},{}".

I remember seeing a comment in some forum that bDefRatioAtk is [ATK * ( (Soft DEF + Hard DEF) /100)] and this formula is also the formula for pre-renewal Ice Pick (source iRO) also ice pick and thanatos card got same effect/description ("Deals more damage depending on the target's Defense."). And in addition to this to prove my claim Thanatos Card and Ice Pick both have the script "bDefRatioAtk" in ratemyserver.net.

Therefore [ATK * ( (Soft DEF + Hard DEF) /100)] is also the formula for thanatos card in pre-renewal.

It'd be awesome if that's the case. Thank you for the info. Sorry for my late respond/reply... Thank you @High End

• Like 1