Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Audiorift

Where to begin after 255/120 is Achieved

Recommended Posts

I feel lost.  Would love some advice on which weaponry I should be aiming for, as well as where I should be investing my time into hunting to make good $ to afford said gear.  I don't have much. I do have a gator set and a +7 Goblin Revolver with dual TG, as well as a holly pin not shown.  I don't do PvP and don't plan to for a bit.  Any advice on where to start and what to aim for (and if there are guides to any quests needed, please let me know)   I'm finding that my Desperado build is more beneficial than my Critical build.  So, Im a bit lost as to what to opt for to maximize cash flow in for hunting.  Thanks in advance.

12.jpg

Edited by Audiorift

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try getting the following to improve your damage:

Recondite Rings + Implosion Cards for your accesories

Ebony Greaves + Cowring/Nekoring/Pandaling/Whispering Card

Garment = +9 Heroic Backpack w/ whatever card

Armor = Brynhild/Great Old Hauberk

Upper Headgear = Drooping Amistr for PvE

Lower Headgear = Red Necktie

Additional Guns = +10 Hardened Steel Shotgun to use Spread Attack/Full Buster

 

Good Luck out there~

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/31/2018 at 2:57 AM, Hero said:

Try getting the following to improve your damage:

Recondite Rings + Implosion Cards for your accesories

Ebony Greaves + Cowring/Nekoring/Pandaling/Whispering Card

Garment = +9 Heroic Backpack w/ whatever card

Armor = Brynhild/Great Old Hauberk

Upper Headgear = Drooping Amistr for PvE

Lower Headgear = Red Necktie

Additional Guns = +10 Hardened Steel Shotgun to use Spread Attack/Full Buster

 

Good Luck out there~

 

Thank you.  I'd love to be able to solo the Omega MVP room with Desperado.  Wondering if that is even possible.  I got the Drooping hat, but the Neck Tie cant be used in the MVP room it seems,

Edited by Audiorift

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Audiorift said:

Thank you.  I'd love to be able to solo the Omega MVP room with Desperado.  Wondering if that is even possible.  I got the Drooping hat, but the Neck Tie cant be used in the MVP room it seems,

The tie can be used in mvp rooms

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/1/2018 at 11:36 PM, Skyfire said:

The tie can be used in mvp rooms

Ohh, apologies.  I was told otherwise, glad I asked here.  Just a few more questions.

I have a full Gator set now, the Goblin Pistol with 2xTG, a single Stone Eye Ifrit card Ring, Melody Notes and Railing Balloon.  Was curious now if the Red Tie would matter much if I am going pure Critical build with the Gunslinger? Saving for the Recondites, dont really have anywhere near enough for that.  At the moment, my Critical stat is 213.  

Was just curious what the wiser route would be right now for me.  Opting for another Ifrit Stone Eye ring, or continue saving for Red Tie and recondites (which will be a ways off) but was just curious if another Ifrit card would benefit me where I currently stand.  I can afford that right now, but I cant afford anything else on the do to list.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Skyfire said:

Red tie is best if you have full gears. if you are lacking go for the balloon instead.

Appreciated.  Yea, I think I need to invest into a Sniper instead of my GS for now.  The Struggle is real without proper gears for it.  I've noticed that Desperado builds (which I have no gear to directly aide for) is much better for mvping and naturally lets me carry more to sell back to a shop.  My Critical build, even with my gator set, a Drooping Amistr and an Ifrit is still too slow and I end up dying a lot in the mvp rooms.  Guess it is time to sell the Gator set and invest into gears more suited for Desperado...or start a Sniper...or something T_T

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Audiorift said:

Appreciated.  Yea, I think I need to invest into a Sniper instead of my GS for now.  The Struggle is real without proper gears for it.  I've noticed that Desperado builds (which I have no gear to directly aide for) is much better for mvping and naturally lets me carry more to sell back to a shop.  My Critical build, even with my gator set, a Drooping Amistr and an Ifrit is still too slow and I end up dying a lot in the mvp rooms.  Guess it is time to sell the Gator set and invest into gears more suited for Desperado...or start a Sniper...or something T_T

yes that is true. the most basic job for farming and questing is sniper. crit build can help. sniper works best in alligator in farming unless you deal with strong enemies which requires additional items. Nevertheless continue the gunslinger but focus more in sniper in hunting gears. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Skyfire said:

yes that is true. the most basic job for farming and questing is sniper. crit build can help. sniper works best in alligator in farming unless you deal with strong enemies which requires additional items. Nevertheless continue the gunslinger but focus more in sniper in hunting gears. :)

Thankfully the Crit gear will pass over to the Sniper, heh.  Darn.  What a shame, I used to rock a Full Buster GS back in the day but that was on a server with Headgear Kiels, ability to spam it made the GS a true nightmare for others.  Glass canon still, but it seems I cant do that.  Made my GS without knowing the Kiel was reset to footgear...heh, my fault for not checking.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Audiorift said:

Thankfully the Crit gear will pass over to the Sniper, heh.  Darn.  What a shame, I used to rock a Full Buster GS back in the day but that was on a server with Headgear Kiels, ability to spam it made the GS a true nightmare for others.  Glass canon still, but it seems I cant do that.  Made my GS without knowing the Kiel was reset to footgear...heh, my fault for not checking.  

haha. you can still build your GS. I will be looking forward to that time you completed your gear and you are welcome to join my guild :)
but as primary farmer use sniper it will help you a lot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Skyfire said:

haha. you can still build your GS. I will be looking forward to that time you completed your gear and you are welcome to join my guild :)
but as primary farmer use sniper it will help you a lot. 

Thanks, mate! would love to join!

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2018 at 8:00 PM, Skyfire said:

Just be persistent in farming and soon it will be rewarded with good BG or War of Emperium actions :) 

Thanks! Ill be grinding

 

For now, I do need some advice on my current setup.  I feel like I wasted a lot of credits, 40c, on a +9 HSS only to have it underperform by comparison to a +7 Goblin Revolver with 2xTG.  With a full gator set, this shouldn't be happening.  With the HSS, my Criticals are underpowered by comparison.  The Goblin has an 11.3k critical hit, the +9 HSS that cost me 40c!!! only has 9.3k with some potential for double hits and splash damage.  I feel like the HSS is a total waste!  I can't spam Full Buster anyway, so what good really is it?  With this build, I get 87k Full Busters with 3 second cool down, so thats enough time to die in the mvp room and be unable to do anything, especially so against Bapho.  So my question is...this is a pvp gun it seems and only good for that and also splash damaging low to moderate level enemies.

With a drooping amistr and a GDS, my Full buster hits over 100k.  And then I can still get 9k-ish criticals.  But again...100k just isn't enough to take anything out in the mvp room so it makes it really a useless gun IMO.  What am I doing wrong here?  Even with a +15% attack damage with a red neck tie, another Ifrit card on a recondite, that damage wont be much better or really enough to make the 40c +9HSS really useful.  

I feel like I blew a ton of creds on a near useless weapon... T_T  Point being a 40c weapon should NEVERRRRR underperform vs a weapon that cost me just a few credits including the TGs.  Was told that Kiel doesnt stack on this server, not sure if that is true.  If not, then would that be how to spam Full Buster and make the Shotgun actually useful?  I mean...jeez...thats 100c+ just to spam Full Buster and make it effective lol...ouch.

 

Ive found that Drooping+music notes (attack +20%) + GDS hits the hardest.  I've a few headgears including the Holly Pin (+30%attack to all but demi and also +30stats) and also a Black Fairy wings (+30 stats).  But, my Full Buster hits hardest with the Drooping+Music notes + GDS setup.  Thing is that ruins the critical build.  T_T

 

1.jpg

2.jpg

Edited by Audiorift

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kiel is slotted in footgear to balance the after-cast delay of skills. to maximize your damage it is advisable to have alligator set without hat then drooping amistr and a 30 stat wing. or alligset with hat then 30 stat helm den music ring. that is for normal melee damage. but if you want to use skills. ascendant orc or ring cards (icering, cowring, sapling etc) with ebony or valk shoes + gds + great old hauberk with recon+ifrits/implosion is great. overall damage + tank + hp you can get from the great old set. interms of critical attacks the Grevolver exceeds the HSshotgun but in pvp woe HS shotgun is used in full buster and spread attack. revolvers are used in disarm and desperado. the reason why the revolver exceeds the HS shotgun is due to the HSshotgun already ignores the defense of the enemy.

If you  want to focus on critical build it would be better to use alligset w/o hat + drooping + 30 stat wing +15 stat lower/red tie + goblin revolver


hope this sets help you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2018 at 10:16 PM, Skyfire said:

Kiel is slotted in footgear to balance the after-cast delay of skills. to maximize your damage it is advisable to have alligator set without hat then drooping amistr and a 30 stat wing. or alligset with hat then 30 stat helm den music ring. that is for normal melee damage. but if you want to use skills. ascendant orc or ring cards (icering, cowring, sapling etc) with ebony or valk shoes + gds + great old hauberk with recon+ifrits/implosion is great. overall damage + tank + hp you can get from the great old set. interms of critical attacks the Grevolver exceeds the HSshotgun but in pvp woe HS shotgun is used in full buster and spread attack. revolvers are used in disarm and desperado. the reason why the revolver exceeds the HS shotgun is due to the HSshotgun already ignores the defense of the enemy.

If you  want to focus on critical build it would be better to use alligset w/o hat + drooping + 30 stat wing +15 stat lower/red tie + goblin revolver


hope this sets help you.

 

It certainly helps.  I am having more fun with the Desperado build and probably will stick with that.  Will opt for a Great old setup there and see how it goes.  Thanks a bunch.  

Edited by Audiorift

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2018 at 10:16 PM, Skyfire said:

Kiel is slotted in footgear to balance the after-cast delay of skills. to maximize your damage it is advisable to have alligator set without hat then drooping amistr and a 30 stat wing. or alligset with hat then 30 stat helm den music ring. that is for normal melee damage. but if you want to use skills. ascendant orc or ring cards (icering, cowring, sapling etc) with ebony or valk shoes + gds + great old hauberk with recon+ifrits/implosion is great. overall damage + tank + hp you can get from the great old set. interms of critical attacks the Grevolver exceeds the HSshotgun but in pvp woe HS shotgun is used in full buster and spread attack. revolvers are used in disarm and desperado. the reason why the revolver exceeds the HS shotgun is due to the HSshotgun already ignores the defense of the enemy.

If you  want to focus on critical build it would be better to use alligset w/o hat + drooping + 30 stat wing +15 stat lower/red tie + goblin revolver


hope this sets help you.

 

Bit of an update.   Using the following setup, these were my hit point values that I've noticed

With the GD+Hau+Drooping+shotgun I am tapping out at around 14k per bullet impact, my criticals are just one thousand more at 15k.  

Using the same shotgun with the full gator set, I hit 11k per bullet, with 13k criticals

Using the gator set without the hat and the rest the same as above, its 12k per bullet with 13k criticals

Using any combo above with the +7 Goblin revolver + Orc Sniper And Fighter set, I get just a bit over half the damage of what the shotgun will have, but will hit a critical at almost the same as the gator set+shotgun

Using the shotgun and the setup in the pic below is the best overall damage output and I dont seem to need to hit criticals at all.  It seems like the extra 1k or so in crit damage is really useless when my normal bullet strike damage is 14k.    My question is, how do I achieve maxed out critical/damage at this point.  Outside of another recondite and red tie that I am working to afford, what else can I be doing to improve my damage output here.

Right now, skills are just useless unless its against lower power MVPs like Samurai Spec/Dopple which die in one hit from my Full Buster.  Otherwise, I am using normal bullet firing at 196.  

 

Anywho advice still appreciated, ty so far for the help

 

 

1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like Gunslingers dont benefit at all from critical usage with the Hardened Steel Shotgun.  Example being this set I am using now in this snapshot.  Even with my Luk values at 150+, my Criticals are between 1-3k more than my standard melee bullet firing.  On Samurai Specter for example, my normal non crit values are 16k, my critical values are 17 or 18k.  The differential with the Goblin Pistol are far far different, where the Crit values are actually less than with the shotgun, roughly 14-16k each, but my normal melee bullet firing is like 6-7k.  

 

The Shotgun has a ignore defense factor, and my goblin pistol using the orc set to ignore boss def is hitting close to the same critical values as the Hardened steel shotgun (the Goblins +% damage for criticals is great) but the shotgun exceeds it and kills everything much faster even with no luk points values added.  With +150-200luk, my criticals hit 21k or so with the shotgun, less with the Goblin.  And my normal bullet fire when criticals dont hit is still almost as high as the critical values.  Naturally.

My question is that the hardened steel shotgun usage makes the critical build totally obsolete, right?  I enjoy using Full Buster with this build I currently have in this picture of my weaponry, I can strike at 420,000damage on Doppleganger and one hit kill some of the mvps, most require 2-3 hits to finish but the amount of aftercast delay is just absurd with this skill at 2.8 seconds and it means that my normal melee non critical firing build actually will kill all the mvps that I cant one hit full buster faster.  I mean, my melee firing will kill most MVPS faster than my Full Buster will.  Dopple, samspec, a few others will die in one hit from Full Buster, and I can achieve that even with a 196 melee build on the GS.  

 

I can hit with Full Buster for a starting blow and then melee fire.  Its great, but I am wondering how to increase that damage to the maximum potential right now.  Hate to say it, but I say KETAN in an mvp room hitting 43k criticals with his sniper and I was curious if the GS can also achieve that, if so, how. 

 

 

 

1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×