Need advice - except "make money"

Verryn

I need advice badly. Actually, I think every new or returning (after years away) player can use some advice... I have a few 255 chars (SG and HW atm, 155 sniper). I'd like to start gearing them. The only advice people provide in-game is "make money" or "donate". The idea of doing nothing but farming the MVP room for weeks to buy gear does not appeal - at all. I'd love to donate but I'm very poor. It just isn't an option. I'd love to be able to do any of the custom dungeons. RDC and cedi sound like a decent way to get gear. I've been told that you can't really do either unless you already have gear though. So how exactly, does one get gear here? Is there a way that does not involve farming the MVP room over and over to make zeny? Is it really impossible to do anything without already having high end gear?

I'm really not sure where to go from here. Any advice would be welcome. Including any gear I can try to farm, instances or custom dungeons, and what gears I should be going for. Also, which classes are commonly needed for cedi and RDC?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, let's say for a DD (your Sniper mayb?) you could try to make an Alligator Set +9 or +10. You don't need rly zeny for doing this, you just need to farm the materials needed for tailoring (and try to push it to lv 40 for higher success chance). In fact you can sell not needed gears (like the +7 and +8).

In fact the wiki is very useful: https://wiki.ragnarevival.com/wiki/Artistry_and_Crafting_System/Tailoring

You maybe want to replace the Gator Hat with an Drooping Amistr: https://wiki.ragnarevival.com/wiki/Drooping_Amistr_Quest

As you can see, you can quest it. The Amystr Eye is a very low drop, you can just check @ss 52416 from time to time and see if someone sells it. 

As for Accessories.. you maybe wanna check Handicrafting: https://wiki.ragnarevival.com/wiki/Artistry_and_Crafting_System/Handicrafting 

- OR - you quest yourself 2 Des Ring: https://wiki.ragnarevival.com/wiki/Ring_Des_Nibelungen which is rather easy except for the last part which is killing some mobs with the Cursed Ring equipped. You can anyway try it or, if you can't do it by yourself, maybe ask someone to help you.

If you're using a bow-type weapon, pretty sure, a +10 Composite Bow will do it for the first RDC (Drake). You can equip it with Paper Cards for now, which are easily obtainable by creating thiefs, doing the Thief Quest. 

But also try farming Abysmal Knight Cards. You can use your HW in Gefenia for that. You can also loot Gemstones, Cursed Water, Blue Potions, Royal Jelly and White Herbs there - which I would just store, as they are useful items. Also would loot Mastela Fruit and sell it to NPC. It's not that much, but with the time, little earnings sum up. You might want to add other loots like gold- and diamond rings to your alootid list.

Anyway, it's worth to think about going directly for a Goblin Bow, specially cuz they arent as expensive anymore as they used to be..

SG I personally just use anywhere, where Angra is allowed.. (MVP rooms, Mysterious Mines, Bio 4, etc)

High Wiz.. I don't really know, I just use for farming "normal" maps.

Edited by Henryetha

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest, there is no direct shortcut of gearing yourself fast in this server. Not mentioning, this is a new one.

The end game content are Cedi/ and the other quests.

Which you basically cannot do as of the moment because of 2 reasons.

1. you need someone to actually take you there.

2. Other parties wont recruit you since you are undergeared.

Now, to answer your question directly.

I suggest you create, your own army.

Get an alt at least 2 - 3 accounts.

While your main is hunting, let's say the MVP rooms, your other account can actually do artistry or any other things.

i will list down below the things i think the most worthy of your time.

1. Gramps and Pieces of paradise / Daily quest - Well, if you are still not aware, Pieces of paradise can be traded for the Heroic Backpack.

2. Monster of the Day- this provides you pancakes, cedi points and monster of the day points, which again gives you Heroic Backpack.

3. OCA farming - People normally sells these, but i would rather open them and do cedi or sell the more valuable cards.

4. Zeny Farming - Gefenia is best, but if you can do Gamma MVP room, farming for Treasure box, valhala flower and dragon breath cocktails gives you fair enough amount of Zeny.

5. Investing on long term quests like Notoriety or Sealed MVP's. On the long run believe me, it pays off.