Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Celestial Snow

Improving the Lesser Played Classes

Recommended Posts

It might just be my imagination but to me it seems like everyone on the server either mains a SinX, High Wizard, or Sniper I guess there's a few Stalkers too

Mostly because these classes have such a higher Farm/PvP potential than the other classes.

The issue stems from things like:

Creators AD being expensive but your only real PvP option

Professors having no AoE or powerful skills

Bards not having Dancers

Champs what do you do after Asura

Maybe adding sets that give access to the weaker T3 to help make up for some weaknesses and sets that let Bards and Dancers use duet skills without a partner could help add a more variety of classes to the server other than seeing the same classes and strategies from every guild every WoE.

 

-Celestial

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

agree on the ad bottles they should be cheaper

profs are a powerfull class itself

bards and dancer are more of a support type of class

what champs do after asura? they asura again

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Bard part: there is a thing called Soul link. :v

 

Idk I wouldnt change any on Prof, I mean its the point of the class to be more supportive. lol 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gcq said:

The Bard part: there is a thing called Soul link. :v

 

Idk I wouldnt change any on Prof, I mean its the point of the class to be more supportive. lol 

I don't think you can do duets with a soul link can you you just get different songs? Classical Punk/Loki's Veil is an extremely powerful Duet skill for guild castle defense that I never see put to use here.

Hmm Professors were meant to be the PvP class of mages as defensive mobile casters or combat mages (Professors can walk while casting and cast while attacking), since everyone gets instant cast here their purpose is defeated, such as in renewal where instant cast is obtainable they gave Sorcerers powerful AoE CC make up for the difference, Since warlocks were meant to be a Powerful PvE class you cannot reduce their cast times at all to maintain the balance. Prof is only meant to be supportive for PvE

But that's for the official servers anyway.

Instant Cast makes wizards very powerful thats why they're so strong here.

10 hours ago, Jyll said:

agree on the ad bottles they should be cheaper

profs are a powerfull class itself

bards and dancer are more of a support type of class

what champs do after asura? they asura again

Well I wasn't getting at making the bottles cheaper AD is a little over powered, I was thinking something more along the lines of cheaper alternatives that make them more easily PvP viable

Profs do have extremely powerful 1v1 potential but you have to land Mind Breaker and hope for Double Casts to proc compared to something like a SinX where you just EDP and win

Yes Bard and Dancers are meant to be supportive but they have Duet skills that they can only use while next to each other that are extremely useful So what is a Bard without a Dancer?

Well you need pots yes but wouldn't it be nice not to have to wait to use the same skill over and over again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea...it would be nice to have normalized improvements that are logical and actually make the other classes fun.  Gunslinger for example.It makes no sense what so ever that a Sniper using the same gear as a Gunslinger, will fire just a bit higher in damage without a Goblin Bow using all that gear the GS also uses for crits...and the GS using a 40c Shotgun and a +7goblin revolver.  Its things like that, that are upsetting.  Sniper using a good set + a standard bow like iXion wing will still out damage a Gunslinger using the same gear + a HSS or a goblin revolver.

 

*shrugs

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes indeed you can't use the Ensembles without the partner next to you (Also Lokis Veil/Invul Siegfried was a very common thing on old rro). But thats the point on both having that skill and needing each other, otherwise Gypsies would fall even more into that abyss of being outclass by their own counterpart. haha

And I see the point you making, especially with the Professor/Sorcerer. Might as well then implement the third class were sort of every class can kill. lol

 

For that point on the AD bottles, why not make them buyable over BG badges and then only usable in pvp/bg/woe. So you keep being forced to play the bg to maintain your bottle usage (and also make that bg a bit alive lol).

 

To the Asura thing ... But you aware of that Asura isn't a skil meant to be spammed over and over and over again like a macaroni arent you? (Also wasn't there a BG weapon that helped on Asura ... I forgot, never mained a Champ ... welp)

 

I am a bit of random answering here ... lol

Anyways, yes some classes have more potential of farm/pvp/whatever. But that's the point of having 18 (?) classes. What's the point of having so many if they basically could do all the same.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2018 at 9:50 AM, gcq said:

Yes indeed you can't use the Ensembles without the partner next to you (Also Lokis Veil/Invul Siegfried was a very common thing on old rro). But thats the point on both having that skill and needing each other, otherwise Gypsies would fall even more into that abyss of being outclass by their own counterpart. haha

And I see the point you making, especially with the Professor/Sorcerer. Might as well then implement the third class were sort of every class can kill. lol

 

For that point on the AD bottles, why not make them buyable over BG badges and then only usable in pvp/bg/woe. So you keep being forced to play the bg to maintain your bottle usage (and also make that bg a bit alive lol).

 

To the Asura thing ... But you aware of that Asura isn't a skil meant to be spammed over and over and over again like a macaroni arent you? (Also wasn't there a BG weapon that helped on Asura ... I forgot, never mained a Champ ... welp)

 

I am a bit of random answering here ... lol

Anyways, yes some classes have more potential of farm/pvp/whatever. But that's the point of having 18 (?) classes. What's the point of having so many if they basically could do all the same.

I like your idea with the AD bottles

Ill answer your last question with another question

Whats the point of having 18 classes if everyone's mostly maining the same 3-4?

They should have the same potential but be used in different ways, it brings more diversity to the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×