Sign in to follow this  
Celestial Snow

Improving the Lesser Played Classes

It might just be my imagination but to me it seems like everyone on the server either mains a SinX, High Wizard, or Sniper I guess there's a few Stalkers too

Mostly because these classes have such a higher Farm/PvP potential than the other classes.

The issue stems from things like:

Creators AD being expensive but your only real PvP option

Professors having no AoE or powerful skills

Bards not having Dancers

Champs what do you do after Asura

Maybe adding sets that give access to the weaker T3 to help make up for some weaknesses and sets that let Bards and Dancers use duet skills without a partner could help add a more variety of classes to the server other than seeing the same classes and strategies from every guild every WoE.

-Celestial

agree on the ad bottles they should be cheaper

profs are a powerfull class itself

bards and dancer are more of a support type of class

what champs do after asura? they asura again

• Thanks 1

The Bard part: there is a thing called Soul link. :v

Idk I wouldnt change any on Prof, I mean its the point of the class to be more supportive. lol 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, gcq said:

The Bard part: there is a thing called Soul link. :v

Idk I wouldnt change any on Prof, I mean its the point of the class to be more supportive. lol 

I don't think you can do duets with a soul link can you you just get different songs? Classical Punk/Loki's Veil is an extremely powerful Duet skill for guild castle defense that I never see put to use here.

Hmm Professors were meant to be the PvP class of mages as defensive mobile casters or combat mages (Professors can walk while casting and cast while attacking), since everyone gets instant cast here their purpose is defeated, such as in renewal where instant cast is obtainable they gave Sorcerers powerful AoE CC make up for the difference, Since warlocks were meant to be a Powerful PvE class you cannot reduce their cast times at all to maintain the balance. Prof is only meant to be supportive for PvE

But that's for the official servers anyway.

Instant Cast makes wizards very powerful thats why they're so strong here.

10 hours ago, Jyll said:

agree on the ad bottles they should be cheaper

profs are a powerfull class itself

bards and dancer are more of a support type of class

what champs do after asura? they asura again

Well I wasn't getting at making the bottles cheaper AD is a little over powered, I was thinking something more along the lines of cheaper alternatives that make them more easily PvP viable

Profs do have extremely powerful 1v1 potential but you have to land Mind Breaker and hope for Double Casts to proc compared to something like a SinX where you just EDP and win

Yes Bard and Dancers are meant to be supportive but they have Duet skills that they can only use while next to each other that are extremely useful So what is a Bard without a Dancer?

Well you need pots yes but wouldn't it be nice not to have to wait to use the same skill over and over again.

Yea...it would be nice to have normalized improvements that are logical and actually make the other classes fun.  Gunslinger for example.It makes no sense what so ever that a Sniper using the same gear as a Gunslinger, will fire just a bit higher in damage without a Goblin Bow using all that gear the GS also uses for crits...and the GS using a 40c Shotgun and a +7goblin revolver.  Its things like that, that are upsetting.  Sniper using a good set + a standard bow like iXion wing will still out damage a Gunslinger using the same gear + a HSS or a goblin revolver.

*shrugs

• Thanks 1

Yes indeed you can't use the Ensembles without the partner next to you (Also Lokis Veil/Invul Siegfried was a very common thing on old rro). But thats the point on both having that skill and needing each other, otherwise Gypsies would fall even more into that abyss of being outclass by their own counterpart. haha

And I see the point you making, especially with the Professor/Sorcerer. Might as well then implement the third class were sort of every class can kill. lol

For that point on the AD bottles, why not make them buyable over BG badges and then only usable in pvp/bg/woe. So you keep being forced to play the bg to maintain your bottle usage (and also make that bg a bit alive lol).

To the Asura thing ... But you aware of that Asura isn't a skil meant to be spammed over and over and over again like a macaroni arent you? (Also wasn't there a BG weapon that helped on Asura ... I forgot, never mained a Champ ... welp)

I am a bit of random answering here ... lol

Anyways, yes some classes have more potential of farm/pvp/whatever. But that's the point of having 18 (?) classes. What's the point of having so many if they basically could do all the same.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2018 at 9:50 AM, gcq said:

Yes indeed you can't use the Ensembles without the partner next to you (Also Lokis Veil/Invul Siegfried was a very common thing on old rro). But thats the point on both having that skill and needing each other, otherwise Gypsies would fall even more into that abyss of being outclass by their own counterpart. haha

And I see the point you making, especially with the Professor/Sorcerer. Might as well then implement the third class were sort of every class can kill. lol

For that point on the AD bottles, why not make them buyable over BG badges and then only usable in pvp/bg/woe. So you keep being forced to play the bg to maintain your bottle usage (and also make that bg a bit alive lol).

To the Asura thing ... But you aware of that Asura isn't a skil meant to be spammed over and over and over again like a macaroni arent you? (Also wasn't there a BG weapon that helped on Asura ... I forgot, never mained a Champ ... welp)

I am a bit of random answering here ... lol

Anyways, yes some classes have more potential of farm/pvp/whatever. But that's the point of having 18 (?) classes. What's the point of having so many if they basically could do all the same.

I like your idea with the AD bottles

Ill answer your last question with another question

Whats the point of having 18 classes if everyone's mostly maining the same 3-4?

They should have the same potential but be used in different ways, it brings more diversity to the game.

Guest I quit a long time ago

As an old prof main, I have to disagree with your statement. They aren't underplayed because they don't have proper AoE, and most certainly not because they don't have powerful skills. [Plot twist: they do!]
Prof is a mostly team focused class. It shines when the team (even as small as 2 people) works together.
- Champ just did asura -> Soul change
- You're built full tank or can somehow survive -> work together with a magic user by mindbreaking them (2x damage, yes please)
- Spider Web enemies so that your allies can wreck them, but you'll have to communicate to not use fire elemental attacks
- Having a the pesky devotion/Ecall combo bringing down a guild on you? -> Spell breaker lol
- Wall of Fog is exceptional (however if people use macro or whatever other cheat software they use, WoF becomes near useless)
- ... (try out your own combo's, it's very rewarding)

Considering our DPS with double casting & linked autospell, I never felt the need for AoE damage. That's the HWiz or Ninja's job.
Professors already have enough to take care of. (Dispell, WoF, Soul Burn, Soul Change, Spider Web, TS/HD/Sight vs invisiblity, Safety Wall, [Counter-]LP, Deluge/Volcano, DPS [Autospell is best IMO, but requires good positioning/foresight] , Fire Wall vs kaite/kaupe, Magic Rod, Mindbreak [if you're going for that], and then your usual equipment changes)

To add to that, all but one of the people that I've tried to teach prof just can't handle the amount of skills they have to keep in mind at all times.
One even regressed into your usual land protector slave in less than 2 weeks.

Professors used to be high effort, high reward; but with the amount of unfair play that escalated in the past 2 years they became high effort, mediocre reward. (I hope countermeasures to macro & cheat software are implemented or getting implemented.)

To would-be profs I say: Your class literally hints at what you have to do, LEARN/READ YOUR CLASS/SKILLS. Practice it for months, experiment with builds, and even when you're the top prof you keep learning/experimenting.
Don't take it lying down, you have to act as if it's either your side job or a subject in any form of education.

Two things I will say that need to change to prevent it from actually being a sub-par class: Stop giving our skills to equips/cards.
- Spider Web = Creeper Bow (without needing cobwebs even!)
- Land Protector = Detale Card (while giving anti-freeze)
- Earth Spike = Teddy Bear Hat (at lvl 6 even, instead of lvl 5)
- Seismic Weapon = Clip on Fringe (ten times more useful than the real version, because it applies to enemies)
- Spell Breaker = Hydrolancer Card (Chance is high enough to almost instantly proc it; slap on GS or Sniper to outrange the normal spellbreaker!)
- Autospell = Professor Card (Our only super dps skill, requiring us to be linked and get up close with our squishy selves; Not too big of a deal because prof link only works on prof.)

Change WoF to work like eAthena again. At the moment sharpshooting and similar skills that target an enemy outside of WoF also hits those inside at a 100% chance instead of eAthena's 25% chance.

If they want to make it easier on professors without fixing all the above, professor will probably need more HP.

TL;DR
Prof underplayed because people don't want to take the time to learn it. 
Prof's tankability (WOF+EC) countered by macro etc.
It can be a support, tank and dps all at the same time, but prof needs teamwork/strategy to shine.

Also, stop killing your teammates because you casted your 'suicidal terrain' I mean land protector on your guild. Instead strategize together so that you rely on SW/Pneuma/WOF/Invulnerable Siegfired/Loki's Veil/... I've literally seen guilds (10+ people) die from AD [Pneuma blocks] & DS [Pneuma blocks] & JT [Soul Burn/Soul Change/kill him] (3~4 people) because they had an LP under them.

Take this advice how you wish, I just wanted to dash the idea that professor is underplayed because of weakness.

Like besides buying with zeny option? Or as only option? Because not everyone plays bg.. in fact, if it was the only option, I'd prolly quit this class.

Agreed, they could be cheaper.. 30~40m / woe (it makes in fact 60~80m / woe day) is kinda expensive for an easily counterable skill. Other classes can have op damage without spending so much. ^^

On 5/22/2018 at 10:04 AM, Celestial Snow said:

I like your idea with the AD bottles

Ill answer your last question with another question

Whats the point of having 18 classes if everyone's mostly maining the same 3-4?

They should have the same potential but be used in different ways, it brings more diversity to the game.

They do have the potencial, just in different scenarios and enviorments.

Prof are for example support classes and main tanker in pve like cedi. Basically the game is already pretty deverse, farming classes are hw, sg, sniper; while performer are more common in woe; prof, sl in cedi; etc.

Also i wish i could fav that essay from that 'guest that quit long ago', coz that is so on point, it cant even be better. :v

Id settle for some Shadow bullets for the Gunslinger class and also a reduction on the absurdly long cool down time on Full Buster.  2.8 seconds is ridiculous.  Disable that cooldown of 2.8 seconds outside of WOE.  For PvM there is no need for having a 2.8s cool down on that and also no ability to use more than 1 Kiel to help with that.  

For anything outside of WOE, that Full Buster cool down time needs to be totally dropped down to a significantly lesser value.  During Woe, it should stay 2.8 if you arent using a Kiel on the footgear.

Edited by MikeyKarp