[Feedback] WoE update draft

Greetings RevivalRO Adventurers,
As promised, we will have a big update on WoE. This is to improve the overall gameplay and appeal. Since WoE is critical and pretty much is the most important system in RO, we will first publish drafts and take players feedback. Afterwards, we will apply those changes to Zeus and plan for few practices on WoE and so on until we feel it’s ready to be deployed in Loki.

So remember, it’s just a draft. It’s not a final content and it will be heavily tested by players before being deployed to Loki.

So let’s have a little overview of how this would work

• We first publish a draft
  • Take players feedback
  • Publish a Semi-Final draft
  • Start testing in Zeus as soon as the implementation is finished (The test includes a test WoE with the current and new guilds in loki)
  • Take players feedback
  • Publish a final draft and announce the expected date to release on Loki

Okay, so this is how it will work. The main purpose of those many steps and perhaps the slow release is to ensure we don’t mess with a critical system like WoE. We don’t want to deploy an unappealing system and end up fixing on the fly or simply remove it and trash it.

So, let’s get an idea of those changes.

Introduction

We will first discuss the purpose of this update. It is meant to improve WoE, Specifically WoE:FE.

WoE:FE has been more of a hit-&-run battles and non-rewarding for most. Not only that, it also doesn’t help new guilds gear up or improve in any means. So basically, this is what this update aims to fix - making WoE:FE more rewarding, more challenging, and help new guilds to cope with the older guilds and have a chance in the field.

So what are we improving? Here are the main points we’re improving. A more detailed elaboration on each point will presented later in the draft! Keep reading to know more about this.

• WoE:FE God Items
  • WoE:FE Performance system & Rewards
  • WoE:FE Castle Rotation & Legit Castles
  • WoE:FE Defending and Attacking mechanism
  • Guild Packages

God Items

God Items are currently being sold in the cash shop as premium items. Aside from that, those God Items are no longer considered as superior considering Loki gameplay.

So for that, we’re going to release a new set of modified God Items and change the creation process. This will make God Items much more appealing and make the process actually possible and fair.

The following is an overview on all the changes:

Changes on the creation process

First, we will lower the required quest completion to 50 players per seal to release a God Item. It means that you need 25 player to finish the seal to open the next one and a total of 50 to release it totally.

You would be able to reset the mission and redo it again using reset stones. 2 reset stones are required for each mission reset.

The creation items would be distributed between Donor and Legit castles.

The minimum required level for each seal quest would be changed as the following

Sleipnir’s Seal: 110

Megingjard’s Seal: 100

Brisingamen’s Seal: 110

Mjolnir’s Seal: 110

The following table shows each city castles drops which god item creation items

image.png.654813fdedfce7f138403fe420b0c9c3.png

Changes on the God Items

image.thumb.png.53d70dc980f0cd481f822ec997c769a8.png

WoE Rewards

To make WoE rewarding even further, we’re implementing a performance points system. It’s a simple measure system where 10 is Excellent and 0 is… are you even playing it right?

First, let’s see how it’s calculated

image.thumb.png.ce71aa944c1e2aef02bcbd5328bd15d5.png

And for your character and guild to be qualified for the WoE Performance report, the following requirements have to be met:

1. The player has to spend at least 30 minutes inside active WoE Castle
  2. The player's individual score should not be under the average score of the guild
  3. The guild has to break at least 2 castles
  4. The guild should have 10 qualified players to have a WoE performance report

Now for Points Redemption and Rewards:

The points are automatically given after each WoE Session. The points is the final score in WoE Performance. The results with fractions would be rounded down if less than 7 points, and rounded up if more than or equal to 7 points.

And then (Rounded Points * 10) = WoE Performance Reward Points

So what can you buy with those points? A new exclusive items/sets for WoE/PvP which can be only used in those zones!

Here’s a list of the possible items that can be purchased using WoE Performance Reward Points

* Kindly note all potions are with 1 second delay upon usage.

image.thumb.png.d2d493f16f1e9f89d63438d73372ee7d.png

* The Pricing scheme has yet to be decided and would be decided before releasing the final draft.

* The WoE White/Blue Potions can be created from items dropped at Hall of Abyss dungeons. More information on this would be released with the final draft

* WoE Robe set would be wearable by Soul Linkers and Ninja

* WoE Suit set would be wearable by Gunslinger and Taekwon class

Castles Rotation & Legit WoE

At first, I would love to welcome legit WoE back. We will be setting half of the castles as Legit Castles, and the other half as Donor-allowed castles the following is the list:

image.png.eaad78d5094a926a57dce9db0508a934.png

How rotation works

First, instead of having 4 castles each on WoE session, we will increase it to 5 castles on each WoE. This will make the whole process easier.

We will rotate the castles every 2 weeks and you would have access to HoA and your Castles Dungeons until the last minute before the WoE Session rotation.

The following schedule shows the available castles during rotation weeks.

We will also have a web page dedicated to show the current and coming castles for players' convenience.

Week 1 and Week 2

Morning WoE

image.png.6e751f3d67c2f6da8cd0a74689d16864.png

Evening WoE

image.png.50b257dbe83292bd0a94b836319516d8.png

Week 3 and Week 4

Morning WoE

image.png.a71acf7f92718b6877f76b3c8fcf2946.png

Evening WoE

image.png.76e7ef0ab0799af9c23be9e6e603f25c.png

Defending and attacking mechanisms update

We will spice up WoE:FE a bit. We’re going to make WoE more of a defensive battle where you have to defend your castles for the sake of God Item creations, otherwise you would have low investment and therefore a very long long journey to create your God Items.

Changes on Emperium

To make Emperium harder to break and give guilds a chance to actually defend it, we’re going to do the following changes:

1- Each region emblem would have its own element, making the need for more flexible Emperium breakers

image.png.940d2d4fabbe828857e9ac3b5a625958.png

2- Emperium HP & Healing process would change

The current Emperium HP is 10m and can be broken in few seconds. We would increase the Emperium HP to 100m  and that should make the Emperium average breaking time to be around 50 seconds which should be a fair enough time to defend against attacks.

Aside from that Healing Emperium is currently impossible with its 10m HP. Rising it to 100m only increases the issue, and with our main goal to make WoE a more of defensive gameplay, we believe that best practice is to make the Emperium auto heals itself.

When the Emperium is left without being attacked for 60 seconds, the Emperium would heal itself 0.5% of its Maximum HP every 1 second, making it require a total of 260 seconds to fully heal since last failed attempt to break it. That’s roughly about 4 1/3 minutes.

Defense Walls

As an Improvement to WoE:FE we will add defensive walls, as of now not all walls has been planned and this topic would be updated as soon as possible to put more information about placements, however until then there’s some information of how those walls shall work.

1. The walls would not be bypass-able by FSK or any skills
  2. The walls are plant type, and can only receive 1 damage per hit
  3. The wall total HP would be 15,000 Point
  4. Unlike WoE:SE, the walls would be repairable once every 10 minutes after it’s being broken
  5. Every castle would have 3 defensive walls
  6. Castle flags would be adjusted to make it possible to warp behind existent walls
  7. Castles would be adjusted with extra flags/warps to make it more convenient with the new walls system

Guild Packages

The guild packages are going to be provided to encourage new guild to join RevivalRO. The guild packages would be available starting from 15th of July 2018 .

Old and new guilds can apply for it.

Requirements

10 unique players are required including the Guild Leader. All members should be on maximum base level and job level and they all have to be online during the validation process.

How to request

The Guild Leader should open a request in web Helpdesk asking for the Guild Packages. In the request, the Guild Leader should include at least 2 different dates which all the 10 unique members can be online together. A GM would pick the time that fits them best to grant the Guild Packages.

The Package

Each member is supposed to pick the package that he believe suits him best.

The Melee Package

• 1 30 Stat Lucky Box
  • 1 Melee PvP Lucky box
  • 1 Mid Lucky Box
  • 1 Lower Lucky Box
  • 2 Limited SRT Boxes
  • 30 Days Rental Angra/Ahura
  • 30 Days Rental Megingjard (Premium Version)
  • 1 Siege Equipment **

The Ranged Package

• 1 30 Stat Lucky Box
  • 1 Ranged PvP Lucky box
  • 1 Mid Lucky Box
  • 1 Lower Lucky Box
  • 2 Limited SRT Boxes
  • 30 Days Rental Brisingmen (Premium Version)
  • 1 Siege Equipment **
  • 10 Siege Arrows Quivers **

The Magic Package

• 1 30 Stat Lucky Box
  • 1 Magic PvP Lucky box
  • 1 Mid Lucky Box
  • 1 Lower Lucky Box
  • 2 Limited SRT Boxes
  • 30 Days Rental Brisigmen (Premium Version)
  • 2 Siege Equipment **

To all Players

• 10 Hat Roulette tickets (For costumes)
  • 10 Auto trade coupons
  • 2 Gym pass

To guild leader*

• 200 WoE White/Blue Potions Box **
  • 100 WoE Arrow A Quiver **
  • 75 WoE Arrow S Quiver **

* All items will be account bound except for Guild Leader items
** Those items won’t be available until the WoE update. The guilds that applied for the package before the update will get their share of those upon the update release.

We're looking forward for your feedback

RevivalRO Management 

Well, there are blue potions, white potions, even arrows. Is there any reason why no creator items as rewards? (in first place Glistening Coat, but also Acid and Grenade Bottles)

Tho the reward system looks like a nice implementation, it seems quite punishing for this certain class. Also considering that part of the income is by selling ranked slims. But when "woe white potions" are on the reward list, they might - depending on their effectiveness ofc - lower the demand for ranked slims.

As side info: Participating in all weekly's WoE (8h) causes expenses of around 100~120m zeny, depending on the action taking place. (using a common AD build)

Edited by Henryetha
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well then, since people want me to reply to this for idk what reasons lmao, I ma put my 10cents in here too.

First things go first tho, I want to say that I just puke out my opinions here. If you don't agree with them, ish ok, if you agree also ok. No need for hard feelings. ty. -since I know the woe topic can be pretty triggering in general here-

---------------------

Ok to the first point in this endless wall of text, I wanted to say that it's good that you guys want to make changes in woe. In general the war got a bit dull over the years, so some fresh new ideas aren't bad.

Topic: God items.

Well I am a casual player, I can't say much if these effects are too overpowered in general (I mean we got other OP shit already flying around lol) or just power creep the item level. Time will show on them if they be too much or not. Go for them I guess.

Little note on the creation tho: Adjust the drop rate of the ingredients of the items in the chest loot. As far as I remember it the drop rate was a way lower then in Stone Castles and therefore much harder to get.

Topic: WoE Rewards.

-back to my casual play style, can't really see atm if that heal-sacrifice-tanking sheet plays out bad or not since I mostly don't mind numbers-

Kinda see a problem with the point of  " The player's individual score should not be under the average score of the guild ". Since above listed was "heal, tank, sacrifice and damage", what about classes that do none of these points? For example a Gypsy/Clown -MOSTLY- (not always) is not the role of doing much damage or tanking much or heal, will they get a lower score at all? (Like lets do a hardcore scenario in which you 90% of the time just play your Songs, according to the score system you did basically nothing.) Same could go for a Support Professor, tho you could put in the tanking part on that.

Rewards.

Well, as the Commentary above me already stated, might need to keep in consideration the ranked Potions. Since most likely the only usage of ranked Potions are woe/bg/pvp. On the other side the Siege Potions would be worthless (mostly) if they healed less. Tho they might be considered as a "cheap" alternative (you don't need zeny you only need to woe/bg/whatever) to ranked Potions.

Arrows and Bullets. Not sure how much that will affect the damage in the end but 30% sounds a bit much. Especially since Sniper already have a good time with the new implemented lv1 No Limits hat.

For the Siege gears. Sounds neat. Beside the Siege Plate, the gears were not really worth to get so that be a nice update on them to make them actually useful.

A off topic thought I hade while reading the " The WoE White/Blue Potions can be created from items dropped at Hall of Abyss dungeons.", how about these potions get a bonus if they were created by a ranked alchemist? Idk how technical possible that be but it would go along with the ranked Slim pots, I guess.

Topic: Castle Rotation & Legit WoE.

Oh boi, we reached the trigger section, yey.

Ok, first of all, I like the idea of gettin' legit woe back. Thing is tho, we can't have legit woe while donor woe is going on.

Main issue on that is A, people would need to restat/gear/whatever if they change the mode. B, from old times the biggest downside of legit woe was, that it was basically a free hostage castle for the end (since no one really cared mostly lol). So long story short, my suggestion be to set the legit woe on a special day (maybe sunday? idk).

The other thing -that probably will trigger alot people here- is, that in this suggested rotation are way too many castles. I see the point on having a easy roation and such.

But the issue is, for the current -the CURRENT- woe attendance there already too many castles open.

And I know the arguments of "but we need to give smaller guilds a chance" and "but that's too frighting for newcomers", BUT right now, there like 3- if good times 4 guilds woeing, on woe2 just even 2. So my suggestion is and stays as before, we need to reduce the amount of castles. I mean, you can ask people that woe, they will tell you, 80% of the time war takes place in Payon (alternative in Alde), Pront and Geffen are basically empty.

My suggestion is reduce the castles -FOR NOW- to 2. More clash potential, more potential to grow, less cat and mouse plays, ty. Rotation would be slower that way, but if there more people playing there can be always new castles added.

Emperium changes.

Since I am not a breaker, can't tell if that's much good or bad. For the healing purpose I can just say -rip aspersio-. Higher HP don't sound overall bad, makes a hostage more of a challenge also.

Defense Walls.

Sounds not bad over all, tho need to say another point. Change the guardians if you do the walls. Right now the guardians coma you all over the place, so that + walls -MIGHT- be a bit too OP defense.

Topic: Guild Package.

Sounds like a neat idea, go for it. *yes I am gettin' lazy*

Well, that's it. I ma go grab my popcorn, hope the people are happy that wanted me to reply here. :v kthxbai.

==============

EDIT (31/07):

Just wanted to add, that I do agree with Herny's point of also adding other goods to the reward list, or if that needed a sort of new BG shop. Stuff that many classes need like the mentioned AD bottles, or maybe Spiderwebs/Elemental Resist Potions, etc.

The other point that came later on in my mind and I totally forgot to add above regards legit woe.

So far the main point of the legit woe is to make it easier for the newer players/not donator to also have fun in woe/encourage them to invest more. The issue I see tho is the amount of legit gears that still can make more experienced players overpowered. Main focus I see there in stuff like high refined Cedi gear or high end enchants like from Melanis. Also different mvp cads might cause difficulties.

My suggestion on that would be to make it a pure legit woe and restrict certain custom items from it.

Edited by gcq
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...