Prontera is being invaded!

Guest Nebula

Guest Nebula

Hello earthlings,

Prontera is being invaded! It befalls upon you, the adventurers of Rune-Midgard to rise up and fight the evil that has set its sights upon the Crown Jewel of the Kingdom and, indeed, the world! How have they managed to siege down one of the most heavily fortified castle towns in the world? Why, by crashing a giant, metallic structure into the walls!

JkRmSsj.png

Scouts have noticed that the Invasion Force invades only upon odd hours of the day, with the troops being... well, not your ordinary squad of troops, that's for sure! They appear to be made up of mainly Fish (!?) and Basilisks, of all the things! Intelligence also notes that the Invasion Force tends to send out four waves at once before calling off the siege - apparently they are looking for a war of attrition!

No one yet knows who leads this Force of fish and reptiles, only except there appears to be a trail of sand and the strange smell of tuna near the structure they've used to take down the walls. At the end of each sortie, one of the Mastermind's generals seem to appear if the fight is not going their way in order to drum up morale. These generals are the four evil sisters - scouts report - Echidna, Siren, Lilith and Hera! Foul times are ahead when these dreadful dames appear on the battlefield!

A strange man, named Kace Bentura, has rocked up in the Garden of Eden mall (134, 98), claiming he has seen these aquatic craniate, tetropods before and knows how to tame them! He's willing to help people in this endeavour provided, of course, they fetch the materials needed to tame the monsters of Armageddon.

Something weird is going on as well. There's a box-like item that seems to appear every time an attack is repelled. A <Mystic Stone>.
Some mysterious items are contained there... bring them to Kace Bentura, he has studied those before and he says that those materials can be used to get a mythical box.

1x Siren's Harp
1x Lilith's Wing
1x Hera's Essence
1x Echidna Scale
1x Fragment of Hope

Bring those items to Kace Bentura and he will give you one box in exchange.
He will also trade materials: in exchange for 3 extras and 10 million zeny, he will give you 1 material you need.

Content of <The King's Remnant> box:

Costume: Fire Muffler
Equips on: Lower

d344671d50ac7caecf51a7bb9faa9c02.gif

Costume: Teardrop
Equips on: Middle

456934e833072aa130ee28992b9df329.png

Costume: Revenant Crown
Equips on: Upper
0aa5776788568d820aea7bd7d74b320e.gif

Costume: Magic Circle
Equips on: Garment

a9b079a0474ce49c4549e3a0c3b7bba7.gif

High chance to find rental versions of Fire Muffler, Teardrop and Revenant Crown. Lower chance to get the permanent costume.
All the costumes and the rental boxes are tradeable. The costumes inside the rental box are account bound.

New costume drop added to Echidna, Siren, Lilith and Hera:

Costume: Black Fox Ear Ribbon
Equips on: Upper

ea670af7a89f7054f24972c40a56873a.gif

This costume is account bound.

Additional changes:

The map is now IP restricted.

The event will go on until September 19th 11:59 PM.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I guess here we go again, it's ranting time. ~

First of all tho, I wanna say that I per se enjoy the ideas in the event and I really like that everyone has the chance to get the main reward even if they can't kill.

Sadly, there a lot of issues with this kind of events and that makes me really sad lol

The IP restriction is not working, people can go in the Event.

Second, people afk like crazy. For the most part, that wouldn't be a issue. The thing escalates in 2 major problems. First, the Event takes a ETERNITY. Usually, if a lot active the event be done in like 15min, with people being lazy it can take half a hour+.

A suggestion by me: Maybe set a time limit to it? Like if it's not done in 20min, no mvp spawn. People would be forced to actually move their butt.

The other issue I see as more major and is in my opinion a total dick move. There people clearing the waves as intended. And then there the more "pro" people, waiting the whole time (mostly in the middle), not helping at all to just go roam outside when the MVP spawns. I mean, you can do whatever you want, yes, but that shows just how much of a selfish community it is that we can't even do a event together without thinking of profit. :v

One possible suggestion for that: remove movement skills like backslide, that gives mainly advantage to move fast.

The other thing that makes the event a bit meh to do is, the Monster drops.

And yes, I get the whole "being special" and "unique" thing. But quiet frankly. The drop rates are way, wayyyy too low. Most random roaming mobs in there drop nothing at all and for the default wannabe nub player they are already hard enough to kill.

Basically, tl;dr, there is not much reason to do the event, it takes a eternity to finish, killing monsters isn't rewarding at all and the chance to get MVP or even there Costume is basically 0%. -Rant over, kthxbai-

• Confused 1

My issue is that monsters are too strong, along with mvps, for the time it takes and reward. Yeah so what you can slap on angra to do it, but the high health+crap load of crowd control is annoying unless ur a sinx, so restricting backslide and u'll be looking at longer times in there. Not seeing any other class doing this event (actively) because of these reasons.

Also, maybe make the mvps spawn in the middle with aoe attacks to get everyone to work together a bit? Rather than someone being lucky and killing it far off somewhere.

Well yea, as you said, for a more newbie like player, it takes long to kill even the normal mobs. That's why the event relies on the more experienced players.

Problem is, the community is trash. They are willing to let you work and wait half a hour just to go snatch the MVP and then instantly afk again.

As of right now, the only solution I can see: Make a hard timer. You clear all the waves in time, or you get nothing (aka MVP). That might hurt everyone, but it seem to be the only way to make the "pros" actually move their butt and be helpful. But in conclusion, that also means you need to higher up the drop rates (especially of MVP) or people just gonna be like "oh well whatever they don't drop shit anyways".

58 minutes ago, gcq said:

Problem is, the community is trash. They are willing to let you work and wait half a hour just to go snatch the MVP and then instantly afk again.

No one but fully geared players are going to kill/steal the mvp anyways. They may as well afk til they're needed. They're getting rewarded for killing the mvps, and the lower geared players are getting rewarded for clearing waves to get the loot at the end. The issue is everything is costumes, there's no demand for doing this once you get the piece u like. So I see a lot of lower geared people stop doing it once they get that one or two piece of costumes. The people trying to make money from these rewards are mainly the mvp hunters since they can get far more boxes faster than anyone else.

The issue isn't people afking til boss, the issue is only those people have a chance of getting the rewards from the boss since they're so heavily geared.

So you find it fair if the lower players basically are the slaves for the MVP snatcher? Neat.

Beside the fact, the MVP are account bound, so you can't even make Profit out of them. Kings's Boxes aren't tradeable, Black Fox Ears are bound, the only sort of "profitable" thing be the taming item ... for a monster you also can get in Mall.

For the topic of "heavily geared" let me tell ya, I am a major support player, and even I can manage to kill them. Angra, Perun Axe, Recons, Auone Card, Amistr Hat, LRR, A lower of your desire, Orc Hero, Hauberk, Shoes (with Eddga if you can't afford some that prevent Knock back), and just use EDP. Budget Sinx set to do decent dmg.

But that is off topic of my main point to make.

========

EDIT: Just wanted to also say, coz I talked with a friend about it, and he also made the point that, this is a "invasion". Yet there is no time limit or anything that makes you feel like something bad will happen if you don't kill stuff in time. So it would also make lore wise sense. ty

Edited by gcq

I won't address every point because there's currently a fix being worked on for every issue you mentioned. Still, thank you for sharing your opinion!

On 8/31/2019 at 11:21 AM, gcq said:

EDIT: Just wanted to also say, coz I talked with a friend about it, and he also made the point that, this is a "invasion". Yet there is no time limit or anything that makes you feel like something bad will happen if you don't kill stuff in time. So it would also make lore wise sense. ty

There is a timer, the event can fail if players take too much to kill a wave. I think the timer is currently set at around 10 minutes - which is the default from who originally made the event. We can probably lower it instead.

10 hours ago, Nebula said:

I won't address every point because there's currently a fix being worked on for every issue you mentioned. Still, thank you for sharing your opinion!

There is a timer, the event can fail if players take too much to kill a wave. I think the timer is currently set at around 10 minutes - which is the default from who originally made the event. We can probably lower it instead.

Lower would help I guess. Coz as it is right now, in worst times when less people help and just wait, the event can take up to half a hour (in comparison, when alot are on it's almost half that time).

Another suggestion I saw from a lot people is increase the MVP. I'm personally not sure if that will help much, but might give it a try (double them or even 10). 

• 1 year later...

does this issue been solved or not ? like invasion is fast approaching and i dont wanna see same issue like this hehe

i hope they make some changes to avoid this things 

p.s. i just wanna enjoy the event and get rewards for doing it 

Edited by unLuckyHP
add qoute

madam GM may i suggest some things

1. maybe change the rewards to different costumes not the same as last year ( i know you can do it)

2. maybe put 1 rare item ( like voucher to get title) as random drop not from mvp but from regular monsters 

3. make the afk mechanism work on the map so the players will be force to move and help

4. maybe add pancakes enrich elu bubble gum etc as random drop too

5. have minimum quota on number of kills before you get the mystic stone but low enough not for the people to hoard 

hope this helps. i just want to make it more fun. thank you - mr Ensui Ver2

On 9/29/2020 at 8:07 PM, unLuckyHP said:

does this issue been solved or not ? like invasion is fast approaching and i dont wanna see same issue like this hehe

i hope they make some changes to avoid this things 

p.s. i just wanna enjoy the event and get rewards for doing it 

Noted and we did made much changes (rewrote from scratch to modern standards instead of using legacy codes)

On 9/29/2020 at 11:59 PM, masterchief143 said:

madam GM may i suggest some things

1. maybe change the rewards to different costumes not the same as last year ( i know you can do it)

2. maybe put 1 rare item ( like voucher to get title) as random drop not from mvp but from regular monsters 

3. make the afk mechanism work on the map so the players will be force to move and help

4. maybe add pancakes enrich elu bubble gum etc as random drop too

5. have minimum quota on number of kills before you get the mystic stone but low enough not for the people to hoard 

hope this helps. i just want to make it more fun. thank you - mr Ensui Ver2

1. We sure will

2. We have changed the drops.

3. Afk mechanism works and even dead respawn for new invasion

4. Drops are changed as per point 2.

5. Drops are changed as per point 2.

And Alt Check will still be present in the event